Error number: 0x80248011

mohit gadhok

Error number: 0x80248011
hi i have recently formatted my computer and i have had problems with the
windows update also with a error message (wuauclt.exe) but have fixed the
wuauclt.exe error and no need to fix the update feature.

the erroe shows as below
((
[Error number: 0x80248011]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the
Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.

If these steps don’t work, try visiting the site later or using the
resources provided below.
))

i am running xp, i have updated to service pack 3 going through the web
rather than through the update service.

many thanks
mohit.
Engel

RE: Error number: 0x80248011
Hello mohit gadhok:

The 0x80248011 error code may occur when there is an issue with the database
that stores Windows Update information or Microsoft Update information on
your computer.

Can occur due to corruption in the Datªstore folder or problems in the
Internet cªche

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the
0x80248011 error.
<http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en>

This will give you a starting point for your troubleshooting anywªy.

I.msure more knowledgeable people will be along soon.

Ǝиçεl

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...p=1&sloc=en-us

"mohit gadhok" wrote:

> hi i have recently formatted my computer and i have had problems with the
> windows update also with a error message (wuauclt.exe) but have fixed the
> wuauclt.exe error and no need to fix the update feature.
>
> the erroe shows as below
> ((
> [Error number: 0x80248011]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
> Refresh the page.
> In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the
> Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
> Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.
>

> If these steps don’t work, try visiting the site later or using the
> resources provided below.
> ))
>

> i am running xp, i have updated to service pack 3 going through the web
> rather than through the update service.
>
> many thanks
> mohit.

TaurArian

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
See: You may receive an error message when you search for available updates
on the Windows Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org