Error code 57E

Marthe

Error code 57E
I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?
TaurArian

RE: Error code 57E
Let's have a guess here, this error is usually associated with an update in
Office.

So, have you tried running a repair install of the Office version you are
using or reinstalling the Office version you are using?

Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
prior to
updating your Office version?

If I haven't guessed correctly, perhaps you could tell us what operating
system you are using, and what updates are causing this problem.

Thank you.

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Marthe" wrote:

> I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
> code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

Marthe

RE: Error code 57E
Thank you for your answer.
I have tried to reinstall my Office version, but it didn`t help. Still can`t
install updates.

I`m using Windows Vista.

This are the updates that I can`t install:
Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Updates for Outlook 2003 (KB956077)
Updates for Office 2003 (KB907417)
Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Office 2003 (KB954478)
Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404)

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Let's have a guess here, this error is usually associated with an update in
> Office.
>
> So, have you tried running a repair install of the Office version you are
> using or reinstalling the Office version you are using?
>
> Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
> prior to
> updating your Office version?
>
> If I haven't guessed correctly, perhaps you could tell us what operating
> system you are using, and what updates are causing this problem.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Marthe" wrote:
>
> > I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
> > code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

Peter Foldes

Re: Error code 57E
Repeat if you did not read the following from TaurArian

Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
prior and DURING to updating your Office version?

--
Peter

"Marthe" <Marthe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D92916-61BD-4D62-8C81-307311B1CB18@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your answer.
> I have tried to reinstall my Office version, but it didn`t help. Still can`t
> install updates.
>
> I`m using Windows Vista.
>
> This are the updates that I can`t install:
> Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> Updates for Outlook 2003 (KB956077)
> Updates for Office 2003 (KB907417)
> Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Office 2003 (KB954478)
> Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404)

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Let's have a guess here, this error is usually associated with an update in
>> Office.
>>
>> So, have you tried running a repair install of the Office version you are
>> using or reinstalling the Office version you are using?
>>
>> Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
>> prior to
>> updating your Office version?
>>
>> If I haven't guessed correctly, perhaps you could tell us what operating
>> system you are using, and what updates are causing this problem.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> --------------------------------
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
>> Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>>

>> "Marthe" wrote:
>>
>> > I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
>> > code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

Marthe

Re: Error code 57E
I tried to leave the Office installation CD in the instalation drive during
update of the SP3, and it worked. I had to download and install manualy, but
as long as it work it`s ok.
Thank you for all help..

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Repeat if you did not read the following from TaurArian
>

> Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
> prior and DURING to updating your Office version?
>

> --
> Peter

> "Marthe" <Marthe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D92916-61BD-4D62-8C81-307311B1CB18@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you for your answer.
> > I have tried to reinstall my Office version, but it didn`t help. Still can`t
> > install updates.
> >
> > I`m using Windows Vista.
> >
> > This are the updates that I can`t install:
> > Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> > Updates for Outlook 2003 (KB956077)
> > Updates for Office 2003 (KB907417)
> > Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Office 2003 (KB954478)
> > Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404)

> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> Let's have a guess here, this error is usually associated with an update in
> >> Office.
> >>
> >> So, have you tried running a repair install of the Office version you are
> >> using or reinstalling the Office version you are using?
> >>
> >> Have you tried leaving the Office installation CD in the installation drive
> >> prior to
> >> updating your Office version?
> >>
> >> If I haven't guessed correctly, perhaps you could tell us what operating
> >> system you are using, and what updates are causing this problem.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> --
> >> --------------------------------
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> >> Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org

mrblanco

RE: Error code 57E

"Marthe" wrote:

> I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
> code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

MowGreen

Re: Error code 57E
0x0000057E ERROR_TLW_WITH_WSCHILD
Cannot create a top-level child window.

Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level is it at ?

What toolbars are installed ?

The issue may be related to a toolbar blocking popups or other security
related software that blocks popups.

What is the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware software ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

mrblanco wrote:

> "Marthe" wrote:
>

>>I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
>>code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

Eddie

Re: Error code 57E
Thanks for all your advice, but I am not very computer literate and wasn't
able to comprehend the advice put forward. Is there any simpler way of
understanding what "Error 57E" actually is?
--
Ed

"MowGreen" wrote:

> 0x0000057E ERROR_TLW_WITH_WSCHILD
> Cannot create a top-level child window.
>
> Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level is it at ?
>
> What toolbars are installed ?
>
> The issue may be related to a toolbar blocking popups or other security
> related software that blocks popups.
>
> What is the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware software ?
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> mrblanco wrote:
>

> > "Marthe" wrote:
> >

> >>I try to install some updates on windows update, but it fales. Get the error
> >>code 57E. Don`t know what that is. Can sombody help?

Re: Error code 57E
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

Eddie wrote:
> Thanks for all your advice, but I am not very computer literate and wasn't
> able to comprehend the advice put forward. Is there any simpler way of
> understanding what "Error 57E" actually is?

<snip hijacked thread>