How to save SP3 to my hard drive?

Betty

How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it on a CD.
The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals and Developers. It
refers me to MS update and says the automatic update is a smaller package.
Is it possible to save the smaller package from automatic updates to my hard
drive rather than install it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

Betty

Shenan Stanley

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
Betty wrote:
> I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it
> on a CD. The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals
> and Developers. It refers me to MS update and says the automatic
> update is a smaller package. Is it possible to save the smaller
> package from automatic updates to my hard drive rather than install
> it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

Ignore the badly worded message... That's what you want.

Or better yet - get the ISO image of a CD and create a CD using the ISO
image.

A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from Microsoft*...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers

Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Betty

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
Thanks very much for the quick reply. : -)

Betty

> Betty wrote:
>> I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it
>> on a CD. The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals
>> and Developers. It refers me to MS update and says the automatic
>> update is a smaller package. Is it possible to save the smaller
>> package from automatic updates to my hard drive rather than install
>> it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

> Ignore the badly worded message... That's what you want.
>
> Or better yet - get the ISO image of a CD and create a CD using the ISO
> image.
>
> A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from
> Microsoft*...
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT
> Professionals
> and Developers

> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
What Shenan said.

You can also order WinXP SP3 on CD for a nominal S&H charge. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Betty wrote:
> I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it on a
> CD.
> The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals and Developers.
> It
> refers me to MS update and says the automatic update is a smaller package.
> Is it possible to save the smaller package from automatic updates to my
> hard
> drive rather than install it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

Betty

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
Thanks for the reply, PA Bear. I saw that I could order the CD. I thought
the price of $3.99 for the CD wasn't too bad but the additional S&H charge
of $5.99 plus tax seems exceedingly high to me. :-(

Betty

> What Shenan said.
>
> You can also order WinXP SP3 on CD for a nominal S&H charge. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Betty wrote:
>> I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it on a
>> CD.
>> The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals and Developers.
>> It
>> refers me to MS update and says the automatic update is a smaller
>> package.
>> Is it possible to save the smaller package from automatic updates to my
>> hard
>> drive rather than install it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
[I'd charge you $150 to install SP3 on your machine using my disc! <eg>]

Betty wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, PA Bear. I saw that I could order the CD. I
> thought
> the price of $3.99 for the CD wasn't too bad but the additional S&H charge
> of $5.99 plus tax seems exceedingly high to me. :-(
>
> Betty

>> What Shenan said.
>>
>> You can also order WinXP SP3 on CD for a nominal S&H charge. See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Betty wrote:
>>> I would like to save Windows SP 3 to my hard drive and then put it on a
>>> CD.
>>> The only link I can find says it's for IT Professionals and Developers.
>>> It
>>> refers me to MS update and says the automatic update is a smaller
>>> package.
>>> Is it possible to save the smaller package from automatic updates to my
>>> hard
>>> drive rather than install it? I only need SP 3 for one computer.

Betty

Re: How to save SP3 to my hard drive?
You're a real sweetheart, PA Bear. : )))))

Betty

> [I'd charge you $150 to install SP3 on your machine using my disc! <eg>]
>
> Betty wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply, PA Bear. I saw that I could order the CD. I
>> thought
>> the price of $3.99 for the CD wasn't too bad but the additional S&H
>> charge
>> of $5.99 plus tax seems exceedingly high to me. :-(
>>
>> Betty

>>> What Shenan said.
>>>
>>> You can also order WinXP SP3 on CD for a nominal S&H charge. See
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net