SP3 Install failure

NSN

SP3 Install failure
I posted a note earlier this week about SP3 failing and my being
unable to read the Blue Screen message because of the speed of the
reboot.

Thanks to all for solving the "endless reboot" problem. I can now read
the blue screen error message that is listed just after my XP Pro
Logo.

Here it is courtesy of my Canon SD550 ;

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Crash.jpg

Any suggestions? I have not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS and I do
have ACPI enabled.

MB = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
BIOS = 1103
OS = XP SP2

Shenan Stanley

Re: SP3 Install failure
NSN wrote:
> I posted a note earlier this week about SP3 failing and my being
> unable to read the Blue Screen message because of the speed of the
> reboot.
>
> Thanks to all for solving the "endless reboot" problem. I can now
> read the blue screen error message that is listed just after my XP
> Pro Logo.
>
> Here it is courtesy of my Canon SD550 ;
>
> http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Crash.jpg
>
> Any suggestions? I have not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS and I
> do have ACPI enabled.
>
> MB = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
> BIOS = 1103
> OS = XP SP2

"Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314830

I realize you did not *install* Windows XP - but updated it. I don't know
what you updated it from (SP1, SP1a or SP2) - but your mention of "... have
not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS ..." indicates you have done some
research (or at least read the advice given on the blue screen.)

Have you tried following the advice and upgraded to a later BIOS to see if
that remedies your situation?
Also - can it boot in Safe Mode? If so - does it still fail after the
removal of SP3?

Just the slightest amount of research (Googled for ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe and
Windows XP SP3) tells me that there are known issues with your motherboard
that SP3 exasperates. You can work-around this problem (maybe) with a
strange fix...

http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...ng-xp-sp3.aspx

(Quoted from the above web page):
"The problem appears to be the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, also with
an AMD processor. Several different AMD processors have been fitted on that
board, however, so it seems more likely to be the board than the processor.

The solution is simplicity itself: insert a USB flash drive, or some other
form of secondary storage mechanism, before booting the computer. The people
have that have seen this problem report that it goes away when they do. The
catch is that the computer will only boot with a secondary drive attached.
If you remove the secondary drive it will no longer boot.

It also appears that this could be related to using a USB mouse. If you have
a USB mouse, try moving it to the PS/2 port instead (the little round port,
you should have received an adapter with your mouse). That seems to resolve
the problem without the use of an external USB flash drive."

Some crazy stuff with a non-responsive hardware manufacturer...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1123209AAQiBYZ

You may be out of luck without resorting to some strange (but possibly
effective and overall non-destructive and inexpensive) work-arounds.

Re: SP3 Install failure
Please reply to your original thread, NSN:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...7-2eceb2403d54

In your reply, state the full STOP error (i.e., 0x000000A5).

Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages:
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

NSN wrote:
> I posted a note earlier this week about SP3 failing and my being
> unable to read the Blue Screen message because of the speed of the
> reboot.
>
> Thanks to all for solving the "endless reboot" problem. I can now read
> the blue screen error message that is listed just after my XP Pro
> Logo.
>
> Here it is courtesy of my Canon SD550 ;
>
> http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Crash.jpg
>
> Any suggestions? I have not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS and I do
> have ACPI enabled.
>
> MB = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
> BIOS = 1103
> OS = XP SP2

NSN

Re: SP3 Install failure
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:01:49 -0700, NSN <nsn@mail.com> wrote:

>I posted a note earlier this week about SP3 failing and my being
>unable to read the Blue Screen message because of the speed of the
>reboot.
>
>Thanks to all for solving the "endless reboot" problem. I can now read
>the blue screen error message that is listed just after my XP Pro
>Logo.
>
>Here it is courtesy of my Canon SD550 ;
>
>http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Crash.jpg
>
>Any suggestions? I have not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS and I do
>have ACPI enabled.
>
>MB = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
>BIOS = 1103
>OS = XP SP2

CANCEL request for help. I installed the latest BIOS and the
installation of SP3 was perfect with no errors.

NSN

Re: SP3 Install failure
NSN wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:01:49 -0700, NSN <nsn@mail.com> wrote:
>> I posted a note earlier this week about SP3 failing and my being
>> unable to read the Blue Screen message because of the speed of the
>> reboot.
>>
>> Thanks to all for solving the "endless reboot" problem. I can now read
>> the blue screen error message that is listed just after my XP Pro
>> Logo.
>>
>> Here it is courtesy of my Canon SD550 ;
>>
>> http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Crash.jpg
>>
>> Any suggestions? I have not tried to upgrade to a later BIOS and I do
>> have ACPI enabled.
>>
>> MB = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
>> BIOS = 1103
>> OS = XP SP2

> CANCEL request for help. I installed the latest BIOS and the
> installation of SP3 was perfect with no errors.

"When all else fails, RTFM."