"PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT download

Claudehl@aol.com

"PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT download
When will Microsoft fix its servers?

For weeks now, everytime my computer tries to download SP3, "it's
"PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT download".

Forget about doing a clean installation of Windows too. Same thing,
when it comes to SP3, it's "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT download.

I've tried in the middle of the night, early morning, no matter, there
is never a time when those servers are not busy. What can't they get
it together?

Re: "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT download
Updates are not downloaded or the "Automatic Updates" icon does not display
the status of downloads when you enable the Automatic Updates service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910340

You could always install WinXP SP3 manually via
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, if you want. Understand that by doing
so, you're pushing all the Automatic Updates users further back in the queue
(which may explain, at least in part, why Automatic Updates hasn't been able
to download/install WinXP SP3 for you yet).

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Claudehl@aol.com

On Sep 27, 12:49�pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could always install WinXP SP3 manually viahttp://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, if you want. �Understand that by doing
> so, you're pushing all the Automatic Updates users further back in the queue
> (which may explain, at least in part, why Automatic Updates hasn't been able
> to download/install WinXP SP3 for you yet).

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing and it works.

I use Automatic Updates as "notify me but don't automatically download
or install them" by choice. Users who make that choice must be even
further down the queue because almost no update done that way
completes, even after SP3 is installed.

Claudehl@aol.com wrote:
>> <snip>
>> You could always install WinXP SP3 manually
>> viahttp://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, if you want. �Understand that by
>> doing so, you're pushing all the Automatic Updates users further back in
>> the queue (which may explain, at least in part, why Automatic Updates
>> hasn't been able
>> to download/install WinXP SP3 for you yet).

>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
>> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/

> Thanks, that's what I ended up doing and it works.
>
> I use Automatic Updates as "notify me but don't automatically download
> or install them" by choice. Users who make that choice must be even
> further down the queue because almost no update done that way
> completes, even after SP3 is installed.

Thread history (from 27 Sept-08):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4ad9b91e8c27b6

I dunno about that. I have AU configured to Notify Only, too, and I usually
get offered the updates within a day or two of release.

Note that if you leave your machine up & running 24/7, AU could take
considerably longer to offer the updates, especially when lots of them have
been released. If you don't reboot, AU will only sync with the server
once-a-day (i.e., every 17 to 22 hours). If you do reboot, AU will sync
with the server at startup, every time you restart.

YMMV, of course.