after sp3 saga

Ghada

after sp3 saga
After updating to sp3 and clean ups, somehow my windows xp
lost its response to both "stand by" and "hibernate" options in the shut down
option, though they are both enabled in the control panel power option.
Also, Word no longer respond! Please, help! Thanx

Re: after sp3 saga
A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it resumes
from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message when you
try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
[Feel free to ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ghada wrote:
> After updating to sp3 and clean ups, somehow my windows xp
> lost its response to both "stand by" and "hibernate" options in the shut
> down option, though they are both enabled in the control panel power
> option.
> Also, Word no longer respond! Please, help! Thanx

Ghada

Re: after sp3 saga
I don't understand,PA Bear, what does wireless connection has to do with my
computer losing responsiveness to stand by or hibernation? I have not been
using internet wireless connection, if that is what you meant. Besides, I
don't get any response, NOT even an error message. (Sorry if I sound so thick)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it resumes
> from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message when you
> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
> [Feel free to ignore the title]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select "Windows
> XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Ghada wrote:
> > After updating to sp3 and clean ups, somehow my windows xp
> > lost its response to both "stand by" and "hibernate" options in the shut
> > down option, though they are both enabled in the control panel power
> > option.
> > Also, Word no longer respond! Please, help! Thanx

Re: after sp3 saga
The KB title includes the words "or you receive an error message when you
try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation" and I did say to
ignore the title.
--
~PA Bear

Ghada wrote:
> I don't understand,PA Bear, what does wireless connection has to do with
> my
> computer losing responsiveness to stand by or hibernation? I have not been
> using internet wireless connection, if that is what you meant. Besides, I
> don't get any response, NOT even an error message. (Sorry if I sound so
> thick)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it
>> resumes
>> from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message when
>> you
>> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
>> [Feel free to ignore the title]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447
>>
>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
>> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
>> "Windows
>> XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Ghada wrote:
>>> After updating to sp3 and clean ups, somehow my windows xp
>>> lost its response to both "stand by" and "hibernate" options in the shut
>>> down option, though they are both enabled in the control panel power
>>> option.
>>> Also, Word no longer respond! Please, help! Thanx

Ghada

Re: after sp3 saga
PA Bear!!!!!!!!!! I think you are confusing my post with that of Bacchus41
(After XP Pro SP3 update, network conn....) of Sept 26. Because I read
his/her post and the answers you are giving me are respnding to Bacchus41,
not to mine and have nothing to do with my question. :-0

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The KB title includes the words "or you receive an error message when you
> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation" and I did say to
> ignore the title.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Ghada wrote:
> > I don't understand,PA Bear, what does wireless connection has to do with
> > my
> > computer losing responsiveness to stand by or hibernation? I have not been
> > using internet wireless connection, if that is what you meant. Besides, I
> > don't get any response, NOT even an error message. (Sorry if I sound so
> > thick)
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it
> >> resumes
> >> from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message when
> >> you
> >> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
> >> [Feel free to ignore the title]
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447
> >>
> >> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> >> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
> >> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> >> "Windows
> >> XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: after sp3 saga
While your thread and Bacchus41's thread are similar, I was not confusing
them when I replied to your thread.

Either see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447 (ignoring the title) or
open a free support incident, Ghada.
--
~PA Bear

Ghada wrote:
> PA Bear!!!!!!!!!! I think you are confusing my post with that of Bacchus41
> (After XP Pro SP3 update, network conn....) of Sept 26. Because I read
> his/her post and the answers you are giving me are respnding to Bacchus41,
> not to mine and have nothing to do with my question. :-0
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> The KB title includes the words "or you receive an error message when you
>> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation" and I did say to
>> ignore the title.
>>
>> Ghada wrote:
>>> I don't understand,PA Bear, what does wireless connection has to do with
>>> my
>>> computer losing responsiveness to stand by or hibernation? I have not
>>> been
>>> using internet wireless connection, if that is what you meant. Besides,
>>> don't get any response, NOT even an error message. (Sorry if I sound so
>>> thick)

Ghada

Re: after sp3 saga
Sorry, PA Bear, apparently I am the confused one! I'm very new to tech
support and struggling to figure out the lingo and etiquette on top of fixing
my computer. But I am really learning a lot and enjoying it. I've done the KB
951447 with its and all the "workaround" but nothing is helping! How can I

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> While your thread and Bacchus41's thread are similar, I was not confusing
> them when I replied to your thread.
>
> Either see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447 (ignoring the title) or
> open a free support incident, Ghada.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Ghada wrote:
> > PA Bear!!!!!!!!!! I think you are confusing my post with that of Bacchus41
> > (After XP Pro SP3 update, network conn....) of Sept 26. Because I read
> > his/her post and the answers you are giving me are respnding to Bacchus41,
> > not to mine and have nothing to do with my question. :-0
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> The KB title includes the words "or you receive an error message when you
> >> try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation" and I did say to
> >> ignore the title.

Shenan Stanley

Re: after sp3 saga
<snipped>

Ghada wrote:
> Sorry, PA Bear, apparently I am the confused one! I'm very new to
> tech support and struggling to figure out the lingo and etiquette
> on top of fixing my computer. But I am really learning a lot and
> enjoying it. I've done the KB 951447 with its and all the
> "workaround" but nothing is helping! How can I open a free support
> incident? ;-)

See the very first response to your posting:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7a8779396e87e9

Or - you can go here:

A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from Microsoft*...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP