RE: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86

Jim

RE: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
The procedure you got from microsoft worked for me also.

Thanks,
Jim

"4lain" wrote:

> [...]
> attach and select it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and
> then clicking on the "Attach" button.
>
> For more information about Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, please refer
> to:
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>
> Thank you for your cooperation. Please try the above steps and let me know
> the results at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions or
> concerns regarding this issue, please don't hesitate to contact me. It is my
> pleasure to be of assistance.
>
> I look forward to your reply.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> XXXXX
> XXXXX
> Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional
> ==================================
> Satisfied customers are my top priority.
>
> Please let either myself or my manager know what you think of the level of
> service provided. You can send feedback to Microsoft Management at XXXXX or
> directly to my manager, XXXXX at XXXXX
>
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> Following is my feedback to the Microsoft Professionnal after resolving my
> .Net Framework issue,
>
> Dear XXXXX,
>
> Thank you for assistance offer. Your understanding of my .NET Framework
> issue was accurate and you’re troubleshooting instructions were clear,
> understandable and easy to follow. I really appreciated that you have
> mentioned that you would be available if I needed more assistance with this
> .NET Framework issue if something went wrong. It has put me in state of
> confidence to try your fix. Furthermore after resolving the .Net Framework
> issue I have encountered some problems with some new automatics security
> updates from Windows Updates and I was able to face those problems with calm
> because I knew that you would eventually be there for assistance. The
> automatics security updates problems are now also resolved after a few
> restart of my computer. Bro, you’re a Pro! Again thanks! Have a nice day!
>
> Regards,
>
> Alain
>
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> Hope that this will help you antwesor! If you have problems with the
> troubleshouting steps of the Microsoft Professionnal, again, you should try
> to contact one Microsoft Professionnal for yourself. I'm only a novice in
> the role of the administrator of my own computer. Whish you the best!
> --
> Regards!
>
> "antwesor" wrote:
>
> > Well,
> > Tell us what the fix was please.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > In article <1AF48119-9080-460D-8B67-3E4BE9F57B4C@microsoft.com>,
> > 4lain@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > > I have resolved this issue with the help of Microsoft employee at Microsoft
> > > Email Support. Bobby's fix was not appropriate for this issue.

Rodger Baxter

Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
Removing the previous version .Net worked for us as well.
We tried to repair it, and tried the MSI patch, nothing was working. Downloaded the Installer Clean Up Utility and ran that then removed .Net 2.0 and restarted. Upon starting again went directly to the windows Update site and downloaded 2.0 & 3.0: x86 and went off without a hitch.

We have searched for a fix for our desktop for over a year. We don't use it as much as the laptops so it wasn't a priority but I am greatful for all those that posted.

Ji wrote:

RE: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
26-Sep-08

The procedure you got from microsoft worked for me also.

Thanks,
Jim

"4lain" wrote:

On Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:30 PM
4lai wrote:

Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
I use Windows XP with Service Pack 2. I have downloaded and installed many
Microsoft Updates lately (High Priority, Software & Hardware) successfully
but I have not been able to install the two following updates after they have
been successfully downloaded to my computer.

1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)

I can't figure out the problem. Can someone help me please?
--
Regards!

On Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:22 AM
Bobb wrote:

Hey "4lain,"If it has already been installed what you need to is find an MSI
Hey "4lain,"

If it has already been installed what you need to is find an MSI cleanup
utility to remove any existence of the file before reinstalling. That or you
may have to download it as a file straight from Microsoft, but not before
removing any other previous versions. Given that this may cause you to lose
what ever original .Net software you have on there now, it's best to make a
restore point. There had been a few problems with Microsoft Updates lately,
and I, as well some other individuals I know, have found out the exact cause,
beyond possible junkware/viruses circumventing windows services. If that
doesn't work I have a file that I can send you that may make it work, along
with some other instructions. But until then, see what this fix does.

Good Luck, and again, let me know if it works!

"4lain" wrote:

On Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:26 AM
4lai wrote:

Hi Bobby, Thanks for considering my problem.
Hi Bobby,

Thanks for considering my problem. I???m a beginner in the role of the
administrator of my own computer and English is my second language. I???m not
sure to fully understand the options or steps of your fix. I want to try your
fix but I???m confused.

1) These two files don???t seem to be installed. From the Microsoft updates
dialog box I constantly get the message ???Failed??? after the automatic
installation step.
1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)

2) - ???That or you may have to download it as a file straight from Microsoft,
but not before removing any other previous versions.???

I don???t understand what I have to download as a file straight from
Microsoft. Is it the Windows Installer (MSI) cleanup utility or another
file? Not removing any other previous versions of what? Are they previous
versions of .NET software or MSI clean up utility?

3) Whatever I have to download as a file straight from Microsoft, how do I
do that? Can you give me more specific instructions please?

4) The .Net software I have on my computer now seems to be:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 (Hotfix) (KB930494)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Hotfix) (KB928366)

--
Regards!

"Bobby" wrote:

On Monday, October 01, 2007 10:16 AM
4lai wrote:

Hi Bobby,I have installed the Windows Installer (MSI) cleanup utility but in
Hi Bobby,

I have installed the Windows Installer (MSI) cleanup utility but in the
dialogue window displaying the Installed products, I only have the following
..Net Framework file:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 [1.1.4322]

The files :

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)
are not displayed. I just can???t remove them with the Windows Installer
(MSI) cleanup utility. I???m stuck at the initial steps of your proposed fix.
Can you help me further?
--
Regards!

"Bobby" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:24 PM
4lai wrote:

I have resolved this issue with the help of a Microsoft employee from Micosoft
I have resolved this issue with the help of a Microsoft employee from
Micosoft Support. Bobby's fix was not appropriate.
--
Regards!

"4lain" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:29 PM
4lai wrote:

I have resolved this issue with the help of Microsoft employee at Microsoft
I have resolved this issue with the help of Microsoft employee at Microsoft
Email Support. Bobby's fix was not appropriate for this issue.
--
Regards!

"4lain" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:28 AM
antwesor wrote:

Well,Tell us what the fix was please.Thanks.
Well,
Tell us what the fix was please.
Thanks.

4lain@discussions.microsoft.com says...

On Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:29 PM
4lai wrote:

[...]

From your description, I understand that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86
[...]

"antwesor" wrote:

On Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:41 PM
antwesor wrote:

RE: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
In article <00CC51AA-4294-48E6-BD23-A3CDEB301095@microsoft.com>,
4lain@discussions.microsoft.com says...

No that's great Alain, I just thought other users reading this forum may
have the same problem you had would benefit from the advice that worked
for you to correct the problem you were having.

Thanks for posting a solution.

antwesor
<snip great follow-up>

On Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:23 PM
dkrrr_200 wrote:

This is awesome, I am doing this, except since my 2.
This is awesome, I am doing this, except since my 2.0 wasn't installed
because of failure, I just selected all framework which wouldnt matter since
I only had 1.1 installed anyway.
I'll repost and say what my outcome was, thanks alot!!!

"antwesor" wrote:

On Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:36 PM
dkrrr_200 wrote:

Everything went A okay, I just updated it and got it done, BIG THANKS TO 4lain
Everything went A okay, I just updated it and got it done,
BIG THANKS TO 4lain AND MICROSOFT!!!!

"4lain" wrote:

On Sunday, October 28, 2007 12:11 PM
Peter, the old racoo wrote:

I have read all the foregoing messages, but they do not bring me to a solution!
I have read all the foregoing messages, but they do not bring me to a solution!
I am facing thre same problem since exactly five days. Whenever I switch on
my computer, window opens by telling me, that the installation cannot be
done, because I am missing the version .NET framework 2....., Utter rubbish,
I have never asked anyone for any additional support or to do any
installation. But the result is, I can't download latest updates from Adobe
or similar. And when going into Microsoft Live ID I am simply kicked out
"Your ActionX" doesn't allow. Rejected, Can't open .... and all the niusance
Microsoft invernted!

Sometimes I feel like throwing the junk out of the window!

Peter, the old racoon

"User" wrote:

On Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:19 PM
PA Bear wrote:

Re: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
Try the Resolution in this KB article (ignore the title):

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
code "1603":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

Peter, the old racoon wrote:

On Friday, September 26, 2008 1:23 PM
Ji wrote:

RE: Unable to install Micorsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0: x86
The procedure you got from microsoft worked for me also.

Thanks,
Jim

"4lain" wrote:

Silverlight 3 Polling Duplex Chat and Realtime Stock Updates
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...lling-dup.aspx