printing problems after update software distribution service 3.0

Anna from Orange

printing problems after update software distribution service 3.0
On the same day, 9/18/08, MS automatically updated my laptop WinXP with the
software distribution service 3.0 and Acrobat automatically updated to Adobe
9. Deadly combination. Since then, I couldn't print from QuickBooks. I
removed Adobe 9 and was able to still use Adobe 7. After that I was able
print some forms from QuickBooks but the software is unstable. How do I
remove that MS update? Or, what other solution is out there? I just want to
My livelihood depends on using QuickBooks and those updates make more harm to
me than good.
Anna
Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service3.0
Software Distribution Service?

I'm not sure what that update is?

Do you have that KB number listed in the add/remove section?

Anna from Orange wrote:
> On the same day, 9/18/08, MS automatically updated my laptop WinXP with the
> software distribution service 3.0 and Acrobat automatically updated to Adobe
> 9. Deadly combination. Since then, I couldn't print from QuickBooks. I
> removed Adobe 9 and was able to still use Adobe 7. After that I was able
> print some forms from QuickBooks but the software is unstable. How do I
> remove that MS update? Or, what other solution is out there? I just want to
> My livelihood depends on using QuickBooks and those updates make more harm to
> me than good.
> Anna

Anna from Orange

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service 3
Dear Susan,
Thank you for your interest and sorry for the delay in my reply. I couldn't
spend any more time on fixing that problem. Right now I am able to print but
it takes very long time from pushing print button to actual printing.
The KBs are 951698, 951748, 951376, 951066, 950974, 950762, 952954, 946648,
952287, 938464, 951376-v2
I got another one on 9/27/08 KB951978.
I would appreciate any advice.
Anna

"Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks" wrote:

> Software Distribution Service?
>
> I'm not sure what that update is?
>
> Do you have that KB number listed in the add/remove section?
>
> Anna from Orange wrote:
> > On the same day, 9/18/08, MS automatically updated my laptop WinXP with the
> > software distribution service 3.0 and Acrobat automatically updated to Adobe
> > 9. Deadly combination. Since then, I couldn't print from QuickBooks. I
> > removed Adobe 9 and was able to still use Adobe 7. After that I was able
> > print some forms from QuickBooks but the software is unstable. How do I
> > remove that MS update? Or, what other solution is out there? I just want to
> > My livelihood depends on using QuickBooks and those updates make more harm to
> > me than good.
> > Anna

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service 3
Tip: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)
when posting to this newsgroup.

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Anna from Orange wrote:
> Dear Susan,
> Thank you for your interest and sorry for the delay in my reply. I
> couldn't
> spend any more time on fixing that problem. Right now I am able to print
> but
> it takes very long time from pushing print button to actual printing.
> The KBs are 951698, 951748, 951376, 951066, 950974, 950762, 952954,
> 946648,
> 952287, 938464, 951376-v2
> I got another one on 9/27/08 KB951978.
> I would appreciate any advice.
> Anna
>
> "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks" wrote:
>
>> Software Distribution Service?
>>
>> I'm not sure what that update is?
>>
>> Do you have that KB number listed in the add/remove section?
>>
>> Anna from Orange wrote:
>>> On the same day, 9/18/08, MS automatically updated my laptop WinXP with
>>> the software distribution service 3.0 and Acrobat automatically updated
>>> to Adobe
>>> 9. Deadly combination. Since then, I couldn't print from QuickBooks. I
>>> removed Adobe 9 and was able to still use Adobe 7. After that I was able
>>> print some forms from QuickBooks but the software is unstable. How do I
>>> remove that MS update? Or, what other solution is out there? I just want
>>> to go back to the place before all those updates. System restoring
>>> doesn't work. My livelihood depends on using QuickBooks and those
>>> updates
>>> make more harm to me than good.
>>> Anna

Anna from Orange

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service 3
Sorry, It's WinXP SP3

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Tip: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)
> when posting to this newsgroup.

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
> 47830).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Anna from Orange wrote:
> > Dear Susan,
> > Thank you for your interest and sorry for the delay in my reply. I
> > couldn't
> > spend any more time on fixing that problem. Right now I am able to print
> > but
> > it takes very long time from pushing print button to actual printing.
> > The KBs are 951698, 951748, 951376, 951066, 950974, 950762, 952954,
> > 946648,
> > 952287, 938464, 951376-v2
> > I got another one on 9/27/08 KB951978.
> > I would appreciate any advice.
> > Anna
> >
> > "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks" wrote:
> >
> >> Software Distribution Service?
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what that update is?
> >>
> >> Do you have that KB number listed in the add/remove section?

artwyse11

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service 3

My problem is not a printing problem, but I have a problem with that update
Software Distribution 3.0. My laptop was working fine until early today I
think when I have trustfully accept to install "IMPORTANT UPDATE" from
Microsoft. Then windows live onecare doest work properly anymore no matter
how many I install it. It used to remove trojans, but since it doesn't. I
removed those update but still the same problem. And all the restore points
disappeared. So what going on? Can't we trust Microsoft anymore? I also can't
get my drafts on Hotmail, they are lock there for days now. Honestly I have
been dreaming about having a mac those last days and I hope this won't be the
defining moment. I hope Microsoft will fix this.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Tip: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)
> when posting to this newsgroup.

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
> 47830).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Anna from Orange wrote:
> > Dear Susan,
> > Thank you for your interest and sorry for the delay in my reply. I
> > couldn't
> > spend any more time on fixing that problem. Right now I am able to print
> > but
> > it takes very long time from pushing print button to actual printing.
> > The KBs are 951698, 951748, 951376, 951066, 950974, 950762, 952954,
> > 946648,
> > 952287, 938464, 951376-v2
> > I got another one on 9/27/08 KB951978.
> > I would appreciate any advice.
> > Anna
> >
> > "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks" wrote:
> >
> >> Software Distribution Service?
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what that update is?
> >>
> >> Do you have that KB number listed in the add/remove section?

Anna from Orange

Re: printing problems after update software distribution service 3

Unfortunately, I couldn't correct my problems. I couldn't spend any more
time on it and the next step would be contacting Microsoft. You may try that.
PA Bear recommended that.
The software had problem with printing was aware of this issue and created
solution in their next update. The printing is not back as it was before but
it's acceptable.
Good luck.