SP3 Endless Reboot

NSN

SP3 Endless Reboot
I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
installation. If I could only read that message I might get an idea
of what is causing the problem.

OS: XP Pro with SP2
MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
CPU: AMD

I am back to where I started via Ghost.
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
(cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
"NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
> All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
> screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
> message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
> cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
> blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
> to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
> too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
> I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
> that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
> installation.

> If I could only read that message I might get an idea
> of what is causing the problem.

That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
appropriately and store the hive again.

BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.

> OS: XP Pro with SP2
> MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
> CPU: AMD
>
> I am back to where I started via Ghost.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
If your machine wasn't configured to reboot immediately upon receiving an
BSOD, you'd probably see a Stop 0x0000007E error:

.. You receive a "Stop 0x0000007E" error message after you upgrade to Windows
XP Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3 on a non-Intel-processor-based computer
(Revised 11 Jun-08)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888372

.. Error message after you upgrade a computer that uses a processor other
than an Intel processor to Windows XP Service Pack 2 or to Windows XP
Service Pack 3: "STOP: 0x0000007E":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

NSN wrote:
> I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
> All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
> screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
> message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
> cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
> blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
> to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
> too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
> I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
> that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
> installation. If I could only read that message I might get an idea
> of what is causing the problem.
>
> OS: XP Pro with SP2
> MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
> CPU: AMD
>
> I am back to where I started via Ghost.

Andrew E.

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
Boot to xp cd,press r For recovery at xp boot menu,select 1 For C: Press
enter for password,type:Fixboot Agree,type:CHKDSK C: /R When its thru,
type:EXIT Let xp start.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
> "NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
> > All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
> > screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
> > message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
> > cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
> > blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
> > to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
> > too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
> > I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
> > that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
> > installation.

> > If I could only read that message I might get an idea
> > of what is causing the problem.

> That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
> E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
> uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
> a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
> boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
> appropriately and store the hive again.
>

> BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
> Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.
>

> > OS: XP Pro with SP2
> > MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
> > CPU: AMD
> >
> > I am back to where I started via Ghost.

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

nass

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
My name nass. I fix your compluter very goodly; but, not for FREE
You click my business link below, give me money. I do very, very good job.
I have 4 investment homes to pay. Take no notice of my detracrtors here.
..
Credit card or cash.

Click, click link: http://www.nasstec.co.uk

--
HTH,
nass

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
> "NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
> > All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
> > screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
> > message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
> > cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
> > blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
> > to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
> > too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
> > I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
> > that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
> > installation.

> > If I could only read that message I might get an idea
> > of what is causing the problem.

> That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
> E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
> uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
> a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
> boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
> appropriately and store the hive again.
>

> BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
> Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.
>

> > OS: XP Pro with SP2
> > MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
> > CPU: AMD
> >
> > I am back to where I started via Ghost.

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

nass

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot

Keep Trolling Mick !!!
Yep, the Micky Mouse back again with a malicious childish Behaviour.
Mick Murphy the REAL TROLL <RT>

At least now he is calling himself Mad Mike, but soon will call himself REAL
TROLL Mick Murphy.

Please ignor his childish act his a REAL TROLL in the newsgroup.
The TROLL First Attack and Utter Nonsense:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1

This Troll is going nuts but I like having a laugh <G>
Does your FBI/High-Tech Crime Squad have psychiatric Friend to sort you out?
I think you said it all by saying this:
<Quotye from the TROLL Post>
And once I get hold of someone like him,
I never let go... NEVER.
Well, maybe.
Someone stalked me in the Vista groups and
impersonated me until I finally backed off and
played nice.
It cramped my style, and so I came here to play.
WATCH OUT FOOL. Or you'll be next on my list!
</Quote>
<Another Quote from the Troll post>
Remember, I have friends in the High-Tech Crime Squad who
have friends in the FBI!!!
I can make BIG trouble for you, you faggot!!!
</Quote>
<And another Quote from the Troll>
Ask the little boys over in the Vista groups about me.
THEY can vouch for how BAD I am!!!
So you came here to upset the peace of this NG old fart lol
</Quote>
<and another Quote from the old Fart lol>
And I'm a nasty old fart when I get CRANKED UP!!!
Be WARNED, faggot!!!!
< end of Fartting <g>>
What a TROLL!!!
I'm really cann't hold myself laughing on this Troll. I think we have a case
of sick minded person and need treatment.
Any psychiatric out there give us some advice and some medication to help
him out?
Thank you.

Useless at best if not harmful avoid his utter nonsense advice.
Hope you like your new name REAL TROLL RT < previously known as Mick
Murphy>.

Shame!!!
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
"nass" wrote:

> My name nass. I fix your compluter very goodly; but, not for FREE
> You click my business link below, give me money. I do very, very good job.
> I have 4 investment homes to pay. Take no notice of my detracrtors here.
> .
> Credit card or cash.
>
> Click, click link: http://www.nasstec.co.uk
>
> --
> HTH,
> nass
> ----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk
>

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>
> > (cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
> > "NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to install SP3 and have tried several different methods.
> > > All result in an endless reboot. Following the XP logo I get a blue
> > > screen with text that flashes by so fast that I cannot read the error
> > > message. The reboot starts immediately following the blue screen. I
> > > cannot get the boot to stop (pause button) because of the speed of the
> > > blue screen as it flashes by. I tried at least 10X. Is there any way
> > > to slow things down so that this message can be read? The message is
> > > too late in the boot process to have the BIOS boot slowdown affect it.
> > > I think that my AMD CPU may be the problem but I thought that MS had
> > > that fixed. Symantec AV and Zone Alarm shut down prior to the
> > > installation.

> > > If I could only read that message I might get an idea
> > > of what is causing the problem.

> > That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
> > E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
> > uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
> > a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
> > boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
> > appropriately and store the hive again.
> >

> > BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
> > Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.
> >

> > > OS: XP Pro with SP2
> > > MB: Asus A8N32SLI-Deluxe
> > > CPU: AMD
> > >
> > > I am back to where I started via Ghost.

> > HTH
> >
> > Robert Aldwinckle
> > ---

nass

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
Come to my website. we fix compluter for you!
--
HTH,
nass

"nass" wrote:

> [...]
> > .
> > Credit card or cash.
> >
> > Click, click link: http://www.nasstec.co.uk
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> > nass
> > ----
> > http://www.nasstec.co.uk
> >

> > "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
> >
> > > (cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
> > > "NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message

> > > That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
> > > E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
> > > uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
> > > a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
> > > boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
> > > appropriately and store the hive again.
> > >

> > > BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
> > > Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.

nass

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
Maybe Where he hosts his website at 1and1.co.uk

Your web host has been contacted
--
HTH,
nass

"nass" wrote:

> [...]
> > .
> > Credit card or cash.
> >
> > Click, click link: http://www.nasstec.co.uk
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> > nass
> > ----
> > http://www.nasstec.co.uk
> >

> > "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
> >
> > > (cross-post added to XP Perf & Maint)
> > > "NSN" <nsn@mail.com> wrote in message

> > > That's easy. Just disable automatic restart.
> > > E.g. press Win-Break, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery settings
> > > uncheck Automatically restart. I'm not sure but I think there is also
> > > a boot option which does that temporarily. If not you could at least
> > > boot an alternate partition, then do a load hive, zap the loaded registry
> > > appropriately and store the hive again.
> > >

> > > BTW this really doesn't have much to do with WU.
> > > Cross-posting to an XP specific newsgroup.

nass

Re: SP3 Endless Reboot
I am nass; you filthy TROLL
--