Service Pack 3

arr0142000

Service Pack 3
Hi...I received the Windows Update to load the Service Pack 3. The pocess
started fine but half way in the installation, an error said that the access
was denied. No further information was given. Appreciate somebody directs
me to the instructions so I can avoid this error.

Thanks
Gordon

Re: Service Pack 3
"arr0142000" <arr0142000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi...I received the Windows Update to load the Service Pack 3. The pocess
> started fine but half way in the installation, an error said that the
> access
> was denied. No further information was given. Appreciate somebody
> directs
> me to the instructions so I can avoid this error.
>
> Thanks

Error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3:
"Access is denied" or Service Pack installation did not complete

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Re: Service Pack 3
Pick one or two:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...=0&s coring=d

arr0142000 wrote:
> Hi...I received the Windows Update to load the Service Pack 3. The pocess
> started fine but half way in the installation, an error said that the
> access
> was denied. No further information was given. Appreciate somebody
> directs
> me to the instructions so I can avoid this error.
>
> Thanks

jd

Re: Service Pack 3
SP3 wound up costing me $200 to get my computer back up and running as it
caused it to crash. The cause for the crash was definitely proven to be SP3,
so be aware that this could be a consequence. I no longer allow automatic
updates to my computer b/c it keeps wanting to download SP3 onto it; instead,
I manually go in and check for updates.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Pick one or two:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...=0&s coring=d
>
> arr0142000 wrote:
> > Hi...I received the Windows Update to load the Service Pack 3. The pocess
> > started fine but half way in the installation, an error said that the
> > access
> > was denied. No further information was given. Appreciate somebody
> > directs
> > me to the instructions so I can avoid this error.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Service Pack 3
And did you open a free support incident before taking the machine to the
shop?

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

~PA Bear

jd wrote:
> SP3 wound up costing me $200 to get my computer back up and running as it
> caused it to crash. The cause for the crash was definitely proven to be
> SP3,
> so be aware that this could be a consequence. I no longer allow automatic
> updates to my computer b/c it keeps wanting to download SP3 onto it;
> instead, I manually go in and check for updates.

<snip>

froggie

Re: Service Pack 3