How to Repair a Computer Registry

jeremiah wright

How to Repair a Computer Registry

The registry in your PC-type personal computer performs important
functions that ensure the smooth daily functioning of many of its
operations. Here is more on just what the registry is, signs that it
could have problems, and the way to repair it.
What Your Registry Does: Every Windows-based computer has a registry.
Its function is to work behind the scenes to ensure the smooth
operation of your system. It handles everything from updating user
profiles to remembering key details about the software you are
running. Most PC users never actually see their computer registry.
Although there are ways for the layperson to access the registry, in
general this is not advised since it would be impossible for you to
make sense out of what is recorded there without knowing exactly what
you are looking for.
Signs Your Registry Could Have Problems: If you have been experiencing
poor computer performance as of late, this could be the result of your
registry having problems. The types of symptoms that can occur when
you have registry problems include slow performance and frequent
application freezing or malfunctioning. To rule out other common
causes of poor performance, it is a good idea to run a thorough virus
scan and an anti-spyware scan first. However, if after running these
scans (and necessary post-scan fixes) your computer is still acting
up, the problem is likely the registry....

Registry Repair: http://groups.google.com/group/regrepairsbv
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: How to Repair a Computer Registry
jeremiah wright wrote:

> The registry in your PC-type personal computer performs important
> functions that ensure the smooth daily functioning of many of its
> operations. Here is more on just what the registry is, signs that it
> could have problems, and the way to repair it.

[...]

Think your Registry needs "cleaning" or "repairing"?
Read http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: How to Repair a Computer Registry
jeremiah wright wrote:

Would you buy a financial institution to repair your bank account or buy
a gun to shoot yourself in the head to end the headache ?

That's what running a registry repair "tool" is for most Users ... a
loaded gun. Now go buy some financial stocks, Mr. jerkemiah wrong.

MG

Joan Archer

Re: How to Repair a Computer Registry
ROFL