after sp3

Ghada

after sp3
After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe 9
which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please. Thanx
TaurArian

RE: after sp3
And where are you trying to download it from?

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Ghada" wrote:

> After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe 9
> which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please. Thanx

Ghada

RE: after sp3
Yeah, also from filehippo.com, but keep on getting same failure

"TaurArian" wrote:

> And where are you trying to download it from?
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
>

> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Ghada" wrote:
>
> > After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe 9
> > which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please. Thanx

TaurArian

RE: after sp3
Interesting, have you contacted Adobe to see if they have heard anything
about this problem. I've had no problem on 3 computers so far with
downloading and installing Version 9.

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Ghada" wrote:

> Yeah, also from filehippo.com, but keep on getting same failure
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > And where are you trying to download it from?
> > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
> >

> > --
> > --------------------------------
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> > Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >

> > "Ghada" wrote:
> >
> > > After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe 9
> > > which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please. Thanx

Ghada

RE: after sp3
No, have not contacted them yet. Though, I already have Adobe 5 & 7.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Interesting, have you contacted Adobe to see if they have heard anything
> about this problem. I've had no problem on 3 computers so far with
> downloading and installing Version 9.
>

> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Ghada" wrote:
>
> > Yeah, also from filehippo.com, but keep on getting same failure
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > And where are you trying to download it from?
> > > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
> > >

> > > --
> > > --------------------------------
> > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> > > Update Services
> > > http://taurarian.mvps.org

TaurArian

RE: after sp3
Perhaps you need to uninstall 5 & 7 and then install 9.
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Ghada" wrote:

> No, have not contacted them yet. Though, I already have Adobe 5 & 7.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Interesting, have you contacted Adobe to see if they have heard anything
> > about this problem. I've had no problem on 3 computers so far with
> > downloading and installing Version 9.
> >

> > --
> > --------------------------------
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> > Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >

> > "Ghada" wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, also from filehippo.com, but keep on getting same failure

Re: after sp3
Assuming you're referring to Adobe (Acrobat) Reader v9:

1. Uninstall your current version of Adobe (Acrobat) Reader (*not* Adobe
Acrobat!) via Add/Remove Programs.

2a. Download/install Adobe (Acrobat Reader) v8.1.2 Security Update 1:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3967

NB: Beware of unwanted "drive-by" installs (e.g., Open Office; Yahoo
Toolbar)!

[I consider v9 still a beta myself. It's been causing all sorts of odd
problems, especially in WinXP SP3 w/IE7 installed.]

2b. Or download/install FoxIt Reader:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
--
WinXP-specific newsgroup:

Ghada wrote:
> After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe
> 9
> which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please.
> Thanx

Ghada

Re: after sp3
Thanks tons, PA Bear, your answers are so helpful and I'm really glad that I
finally joined this discussion group, it is a whole different world than
toughing things out on my own. Anyway, I opted to install FoxIt to minimize
aggravation with this new sp3 which is already causing strange things in my
computer. I will open a new thread to ask more ;-). Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming you're referring to Adobe (Acrobat) Reader v9:
>
> 1. Uninstall your current version of Adobe (Acrobat) Reader (*not* Adobe
> Acrobat!) via Add/Remove Programs.
>
> 2a. Download/install Adobe (Acrobat Reader) v8.1.2 Security Update 1:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3967
>
> NB: Beware of unwanted "drive-by" installs (e.g., Open Office; Yahoo
> Toolbar)!
>
> [I consider v9 still a beta myself. It's been causing all sorts of odd
> problems, especially in WinXP SP3 w/IE7 installed.]
>
> 2b. Or download/install FoxIt Reader:
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
> --
> WinXP-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Ghada wrote:
> > After I successfully upgraded my XP to sp3 I am not able to download Adobe
> > 9
> > which is not recognizing sp3 and keeps looking for sp2. Help, please.
> > Thanx

Re: after sp3
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.