windows SP3 (KB936929)

razor 90210

windows SP3 (KB936929)
MY AUTOMATIC UPDATE updated the new service pack and now it goes to install
then after it says that is was not succesfully installed and dosent tell me
why, no everytime i start my puter the windows update icon pops up and sayd
that updates are ready to be installed, I go through the proces and keep
getting the same thing sayin it was not installed. SO what do I do now sit
and wait for windows to fix the update that they screwwed up on?
--
na
Muzafar Ganie

RE: windows SP3 (KB936929)
Hi ,

Read the article before you install the sp3

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Boot the computer in safe mode with networking then download and install the
sp3

steps to boot the computer in safe mode with networking

Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a
computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you
can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then
press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode with
networking" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you
want to start, and then press ENTER.

Download the sp3 from the following link and save it on the desktop

Once the download is complete,close all the windows
Double click on the downloaded file and follow the instuctions

Muzafar

TaurArian

RE: windows SP3 (KB936929)
Many reasons why it could be failing -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

Where to get assistance:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy, visit the
Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is
available only in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP
issues, visit the Help and Support site at
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 , and then choose
your product.

--
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009