Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re: Error 0x8DDD0018

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2008
Azeem
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x8DDD0018
hi guys.. im in serious need of help.. i want to download the updates and
getting the error message 0x8DDD0018. When I try to Start my "Automatic
Updates" after putting it to Automatic, it gives me an error message stating
error 1058

the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

Would be greatful if anyone help me out on this.

Thank you

"Gehan" wrote:

> Thanks to your post Ludo...
> I found my Automatic Update was set to 'Disabled'. I set it to 'Automatic',
> then Started the service. All is well now.
>
>
> "Ludo" wrote:
>
> > Yes they where enabled and running, but Automatic Update was set on "Manual",
> > I set it to "Automatic" and now its ok.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply
> >
> > "Wei Wu [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Ludo,
> > > When you say those services are activated, do you mean they are enabled
> > > and running?
> > > Try stopping and restarting them and try the WU site again.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x8DDD0018
Most common reason: - System may be infected with malware "Vundo" and
friends.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco



"Azeem" <Azeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1BF484A5-62FB-4ABA-B180-FEA283C9ADA6@microsoft.com...
> hi guys.. im in serious need of help.. i want to download the updates and
> getting the error message 0x8DDD0018. When I try to Start my "Automatic
> Updates" after putting it to Automatic, it gives me an error message
> stating
> error 1058
>
> the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it
> has no enabled devices associated with it.
>
> Would be greatful if anyone help me out on this.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Gehan" wrote:
>
>> Thanks to your post Ludo...
>> I found my Automatic Update was set to 'Disabled'. I set it to
>> 'Automatic',
>> then Started the service. All is well now.
>>
>>
>> "Ludo" wrote:
>>
>> > Yes they where enabled and running, but Automatic Update was set on
>> > "Manual",
>> > I set it to "Automatic" and now its ok.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your reply
>> >
>> > "Wei Wu [MSFT]" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Ludo,
>> > > When you say those services are activated, do you mean they are
>> > > enabled
>> > > and running?
>> > > Try stopping and restarting them and try the WU site again.



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: Error 0x8DDD0018 yes thanks this worked! microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 07-25-2008 21:24
Error 0x8DDD0018 mdmajestic microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 06-10-2008 08:20
Error 0x8DDD0018 Richard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-29-2008 10:48
error 0x8DDD0018 chief fluffydog microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-16-2008 19:52
Error 0x8DDD0018 Rich Barry microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 03-17-2008 21:44




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:38.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120