Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022

Fabian

Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
Hello

the WSUS starts to synchronize properly, but at 60% an error appears.

I check that the WSUS connects to de Windows Update Server.

I recive the followin error in event log:

Error 10022 Windows Server Update

"...The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful. "

And in the log files :

2008-09-24 07:04:32.635
UTC Warning WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetErrorCodeFromException Failed
to insert update 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101: e#=8115,
Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.

2008-09-24 07:06:26.496
UTC Error WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol Bad Update
Revision #39: 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101
en
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
en
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcess()
en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
en
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Can help me?

Re: Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
convenience to OP.

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

In your newsreader:
--
~PAB

Fabian wrote:
> the WSUS starts to synchronize properly, but at 60% an error appears.
>
> I check that the WSUS connects to de Windows Update Server.
>
> I recive the followin error in event log:
>
> Error 10022 Windows Server Update
>
> "...The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful. "
>
> And in the log files :
>
> 2008-09-24 07:04:32.635
> UTC Warning WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetErrorCodeFromException
> Failed
> to insert update 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101: e#=8115,
> Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.
>
> 2008-09-24 07:06:26.496
> UTC Error WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol Bad
> Update
> Revision #39: 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101
> en
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean
> allowRedirect) en
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcess()
> en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
> en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
> en
> System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
> code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) en
> System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
>

> Can help me?

Br@d

Re: Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
Hi,

I have the same problem. It's strange that this problem occured a the same
time.
Bacause, I have the problem september 22th, 2008. The day before
synchronisation succeded.
Is it possible that problem comes from Microsoft Update servers ? Or comes
from an new update which can't be synchronize because to large ?
Because I don't understand how this problem can be come from my server,
because i do not make any configuration change.

Thank you for your help.

Br@d

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
> (microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
> convenience to OP.
>
> On the web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> In your newsreader:
> --
> ~PAB
>
> Fabian wrote:
> > the WSUS starts to synchronize properly, but at 60% an error appears.
> >
> > I check that the WSUS connects to de Windows Update Server.
> >
> > I recive the followin error in event log:
> >
> > Error 10022 Windows Server Update
> >
> > "...The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful. "
> >
> > And in the log files :
> >
> > 2008-09-24 07:04:32.635
> > UTC Warning WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetErrorCodeFromException
> > Failed
> > to insert update 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101: e#=8115,
> > Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.
> >
> > 2008-09-24 07:06:26.496
> > UTC Error WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol Bad
> > Update
> > Revision #39: 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101
> > en
> > Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean
> > allowRedirect) en
> > Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcess()
> > en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
> > en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
> > en
> > System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
> > code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) en
> > System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext
> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> > en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> > en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
> >

> > Can help me?

Re: Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread in
microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services newsgroup about your
problem, Brad.

Br@d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem. It's strange that this problem occured a the same
> time.
> Bacause, I have the problem september 22th, 2008. The day before
> synchronisation succeded.
> Is it possible that problem comes from Microsoft Update servers ? Or comes
> from an new update which can't be synchronize because to large ?
> Because I don't understand how this problem can be come from my server,
> because i do not make any configuration change.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Br@d
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
>> (microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
>> convenience to OP.
>>
>> On the web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>> --
>> ~PAB
>>
>> Fabian wrote:
>>> the WSUS starts to synchronize properly, but at 60% an error appears.
>>>
>>> I check that the WSUS connects to de Windows Update Server.
>>>
>>> I recive the followin error in event log:
>>>
>>> Error 10022 Windows Server Update
>>>
>>> "...The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful. "
>>>
>>> And in the log files :
>>>
>>> 2008-09-24 07:04:32.635
>>> UTC Warning WsusService.26
>>> CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetErrorCodeFromException
>>> Failed
>>> to insert update 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101: e#=8115,
>>> Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.
>>>
>>> 2008-09-24 07:06:26.496
>>> UTC Error WsusService.26 CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol Bad
>>> Update
>>> Revision #39: 70d2f7cb-74fd-406e-9eed-53fae369f34d/101
>>> en
>>> Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean
>>> allowRedirect) en
>>> Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAge ntCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcess()
>>> en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
>>> en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
>>> en
>>> System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
>>> code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) en
>>> System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext
>>> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>>> en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
>>> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>>> en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
>>>

>>> Can help me?

Br@d

Re: Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
Ok, but I the title of this thread corresponding exactly to my problem. So, I
didn't want to duplicate this thread.
But, may be I don't understood your request.

Br@d

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread in
> microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services newsgroup about your
> problem, Brad.
>
> Br@d wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same problem. It's strange that this problem occured a the same
> > time.
> > Bacause, I have the problem september 22th, 2008. The day before
> > synchronisation succeded.
> > Is it possible that problem comes from Microsoft Update servers ? Or comes
> > from an new update which can't be synchronize because to large ?
> > Because I don't understand how this problem can be come from my server,
> > because i do not make any configuration change.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Br@d
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
> >> (microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
> >> convenience to OP.
> >>
> >> On the web:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
> >>
> >> In your newsreader:
> >> --
> >> ~PAB

Re: Windows update Services (WSUS) error 10022
Duplication is both fine and expected. One user's fix is not necessarily
the fix for someone else.