Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet
Hello all,

I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port
80 in IIS. I imported my clients from AD into their proper groups in WSUS,
from a prompt where WSUS is installed I type --- wuauclt.exe /detectnow.

Below is the message I get -----

* ServiceID = {3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default \wuident.cab:
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
error 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:50:139 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019


I found a document to create a new virtual directory, not in the default web
site, but I created in the WSUS site, stopped IIS, re-tried the command, and
same error.

Can someone help why my clients are not reporting to WSUS ?

Thanks,
Bob



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using
> port
> 80 in IIS. I imported my clients from AD into their proper groups in WSUS,
> from a prompt where WSUS is installed I type --- wuauclt.exe /detectnow.
>
> Below is the message I get -----
>
> * ServiceID = {3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default \wuident.cab:
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
> SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
> ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
> error 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
> Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
> Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
> self-update check returned 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:50:139 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019
>
>
> I found a document to create a new virtual directory, not in the default
> web
> site, but I created in the WSUS site, stopped IIS, re-tried the command,
> and
> same error.
>
> Can someone help why my clients are not reporting to WSUS ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
>


Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

In your newsreader:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...pdate_services

Xposted for convenience


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet
"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...

> I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port 80 in IIS.


You haven't told your clients this:

>> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
>> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194


Note http://intranet1, not http://intranet1:8530.

If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
accordingly.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...
>
> > I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port 80 in IIS.

>
> You haven't told your clients this:
>
> >> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> >> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194

>
> Note http://intranet1, not http://intranet1:8530.
>
> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> accordingly.
>
> Harry.
>


Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
accordingly, update what and how ? Yes I do use Group Policy nothing was
touched/changed in GP. This is a re-install of WSUS, worked before, but not
now.

Thanks,
Bob

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet
Bob wrote:

>> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
>> accordingly.


> Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> accordingly, update what and how ?


Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> >> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> >> accordingly.

>
> > Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> > accordingly, update what and how ?

>
> Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
> WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.
>
> Harry.
>


Thanks --- I got it, let me add the port and i will reply back with my result.

Bob

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Bob" wrote:

>
>
> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:
> >
> > >> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> > >> accordingly.

> >
> > > Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> > > accordingly, update what and how ?

> >
> > Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
> > WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

>
> Thanks --- I got it, let me add the port and i will reply back with my result.
>
> Bob
>


Ok --- adding the port helped. I imported 2 of 3 groups - test and servers.
The clients/servers show their IP addresses and OS versions. But i have one
problem ----

All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

I did my last change 2 days ago - Wednesday, and it should report in daily.
I did gpupdate /force on the DC, and wuauclt.exe /detectnow but the clients
are not reporting in. I take that back ---- only my computer reported in, and
that was Wednesday. Can you let me know why computers are not reporting in ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet
Bob wrote:

> All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.


Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx

Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type

wuauclt /detectnow

on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
WindowsUpdate.log.

Harry.
'
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> > All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

>
> Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
>
> <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
>
> Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
>
> wuauclt /detectnow
>
> on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
> WindowsUpdate.log.
>
> Harry.
> '
>


Thanks for the information Harry ----

I'm reading your reply from home, I will do this when I return to the office
Tuesday 9/30.


Bob


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Bob" wrote:

>
>
> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:
> >
> > > All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

> >
> > Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
> >
> > <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
> >
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
> >
> > Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
> >
> > wuauclt /detectnow
> >
> > on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
> > WindowsUpdate.log.
> >
> > Harry.
> > '
> >

>
> Thanks for the information Harry ----
>
> I'm reading your reply from home, I will do this when I return to the office
> Tuesday 9/30.
>
>
> Bob
>
>


Here is the reply of the client diagnostic tool, which I ran on my desktop.
I will now do the wuauclt/detectnow and post back in 30 minutes are requested.

thanks,
Bob



WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool

Checking Machine State
Checking for admin rights to run tool . . . . . . . . . PASS
Automatic Updates Service is running. . . . . . . . . . PASS
Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running. . . PASS
Wuaueng.dll version 7.1.6001.65 . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
This version is WSUS 2.0

Checking AU Settings
AU Option is 3 : Notify Prior to Install. . . . . . . . PASS
Option is from Policy settings

Checking Proxy Configuration
Checking for winhttp local machine Proxy settings . . . PASS
Winhttp local machine access type
<Direct Connection>
Winhttp local machine Proxy. . . . . . . . . . NONE
Winhttp local machine ProxyBypass. . . . . . . NONE
Checking User IE Proxy settings . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
User IE Proxy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE ProxyByPass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE AutoConfig URL Proxy . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE AutoDetect
AutoDetect not in use

Checking Connection to WSUS/SUS Server
WUServer = http://intranet1:8530
WUStatusServer = http://intranet1:8530
UseWuServer is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
Connection to server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS

WinHttpDownloadFileToMemory(szURLDest, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,
&downloadBuffe
r) failed with hr=0x80190194

No Error description could be found

Press Enter to Complete



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This Computer has not reported status yet bzumwalt99 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 34 08-18-2008 20:44
Problem with WSUS - computers can no longer connect Charlie_Bebop microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 08-18-2008 11:56
WinXP SP3 not reported back into WSUS Erik van Huizen microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 07-11-2008 15:57
WSUS 3.1 assigning updates to computers Jeffatsc microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 06-25-2008 21:45
Re: WSUS 2.0 Computer Status Harry Johnston [MVP] microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-09-2007 15:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120