is there any way to rollback the windows update

xiaomei

is there any way to rollback the windows update
Hi, There,
We have enabled the windows auto update on the windows 2003 server, however,
recently we found some application imcompatility problem due to the windows
update. Just wondering is there any way we can roll back the update if we
encounter the problem after the windows update, or we can create some restore
point before we carry out the update?

Many thanks in advance!

Shermaine

Re: is there any way to rollback the windows update
The vast majority of Windows Updates are uninstallable.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

xiaomei wrote:
> Hi, There,
> We have enabled the windows auto update on the windows 2003 server,
> however,
> recently we found some application imcompatility problem due to the
> windows
> update. Just wondering is there any way we can roll back the update if we
> encounter the problem after the windows update, or we can create some
> restore point before we carry out the update?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Shermaine

Susan Bradley

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> The vast majority of Windows Updates are uninstallable.

But you need to be more specific about windows update.. which update?

Roll them back one at a time and confirm 'which' one.
Peter Foldes

Re: is there any way to rollback the windows update
I never had application(s) incapability problems using Windows Update. I am using a W2K3 Enterprise Server and everything that was offered by WU to this day is installed and without any issues

What incapability's ??????

--
Peter

Susan Bradley wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> The vast majority of Windows Updates are uninstallable.

> But you need to be more specific about windows update.. which update?
>
> Roll them back one at a time and confirm 'which' one.

You talkin' to me or the OP?