RE: Error 1719 - Windows Vistsa Home Premium

pennyfmhvn

"Charlie" wrote:

> It drives me crazy that every post about this error in the "Vista community"
> is about XP. None of the XP "solutions" work for me and I've found nothing
> that addresses this error for Vista. Please help.
>
> I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista premium installed. After installing MS
> Office Standard 2007 I can no longer install or uninstall anything, getting
> the 1719 error. I've surfed the web and this problem based on MSI problems
> seems to have been around for months but I can find no solution to it.
> Attempting to uninstall anything hangs the process, which can't be stopped
> even through the task mgr. Installs are the same way - using Windows Update
> simply hangs the computer.
>
> I could really use some help.

Charlie:

I can relate with you. I am experiencing the same problem with Microsoft
Office Enterprise 2007 and Vista. I can't uninstall it, I can't repair it, I
can't reinstall it. And unfortunately, I need my computer for school so I'm
really screwed now.

Robert:

This deals with Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and Vista as Charlie
already mentioned in the first post. We get a popup box with an error code,
1719, and it says that the "Windows Installer Service could not be reached"
and to contact our support department. That is Microsoft's answer to every
error - to contact our support. Well, hello, most of us are having problems
with personal computers and don't have a support - we are it. I like Vista,
but I'm tired of having problems every time I download something on my
laptop. I haven't converted my desktop over yet and probably won't because of
this very problem. Things work well with XP already, so why change it to
something that doesn't work half the time?
Harry Johnston [MVP]

pennyfmhvn wrote:

>> It drives me crazy that every post about this error in the "Vista community"
>> is about XP. None of the XP "solutions" work for me and I've found nothing
>> that addresses this error for Vista. Please help.

(For the record, this isn't a Vista Community, it's a Windows Update Newsgroup.)

> I can relate with you. I am experiencing the same problem with Microsoft
> Office Enterprise 2007 and Vista. I can't uninstall it, I can't repair it, I
> can't reinstall it. And unfortunately, I need my computer for school so I'm
> really screwed now.

You're responding to a very old thread. Please start a new thread about your
problem, with a bit more detail - including exactly you were doing when the
popup box appeared, which edition of Vista you have and whether or not service
pack 1 is installed. It would probably be more sensible to post it in one of
the Vista newsgroups, since this problem doesn't relate to Windows Update.

> This deals with Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and Vista as Charlie
> already mentioned in the first post. We get a popup box with an error code,
> 1719, and it says that the "Windows Installer Service could not be reached"
> and to contact our support department. That is Microsoft's answer to every
> error - to contact our support. Well, hello, most of us are having problems
> with personal computers and don't have a support - we are it.

Microsoft Office Enterprise is only sold to enterprise customers, not to
individuals, so it doesn't seem unreasonable for it to assume you have a support
department. I presume you got it from your school; do they not provide any sort
of support for it?

Harry.