RE: Ok Microsoft I'm Calling You Out!

LadyDaisy

RE: Ok Microsoft I'm Calling You Out!
It's worse than that. I bought a new computer, FORCED to buy only VISTA on
it. Now none of my old games play or will even install on it. I figured
out, as in the past, Microsoft wants a monopoly on games too. They gave us a
lemon and garbage in Vista. And they COULD fix this issue but why not?
Because they want control of the gaming part of computers too.

"Vista User" wrote:

> Ok Microsoft I'm Calling You Out!
>
> First of all I just recognized your scheme, my question is how long have you
> been doing this? First I noticed that you released a Virus for the Windows XP
> OS http://nixedblog.thenixedreport.com/?p=81#comments to try to get people to
> move to Vista, now people report that when they update their XBOX 360s their
> old games like gears of war either won't work or give them a Red Ring of
> Death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-gQq62Hyc The question isn't if you
> are trying to make your customers want to use your new products over old ones
> it's why you feel you have to sabotage your old products to encourage use of
> the new ones.
>
> Microsoft you should be put in jail for your crimes against your customers.
> I have had customers who had Windows XP Pro installed on their computers and
> after you sent out your Virus I could not do the updates after a repair
> install. Not only did I loose a customer because they thought I was
> incompetent because I was unable to fix the problem because I was unaware of
> the solution at the time but I have also lost my faith in your company all
> together. You like to get users to agree to having their computers spied on
> when they click I agree and install Vista. My question to Microsoft is why
> should we trust you?
>
> I await your response.

Gordon

"LadyDaisy" <LadyDaisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE24193E-17EE-4971-A7C9-0BA53CBC998D@microsoft.com...
> It's worse than that. I bought a new computer, FORCED to buy only VISTA
> on
> it.

Rubbish. You didn't look very hard.
Just some of the many available on Google:
http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...c.asp?CatId=54

Shenan Stanley

LadyDaisy wrote:
> It's worse than that. I bought a new computer, FORCED to buy only
> VISTA on it. Now none of my old games play or will even install on
> it. I figured out, as in the past, Microsoft wants a monopoly on
> games too. They gave us a lemon and garbage in Vista. And they
> COULD fix this issue but why not? Because they want control of the
> gaming part of computers too.

You were not *forced* to do anything.

You may have went to some big-name electronics store or shopped at some
particular vendor online and not even bothered to ask, "Can I get any other
operating systems like WIndows XP, Linux, etc?" but forced (or as you put
it, "FORCED") you were not.

Your ignorance of options (and thus, you not choosing any other options) is
not the same as being forced to do something. Nothing stops you from buying
a computer with some other OS and purchasing the OS of your choice and
putting it on there. Nothing stops you from buying the parts of a computer
(piece-meal) and assembling it and installing whatever OS you desire.
Well - nothing but you and lack of effort in the end.

Microsoft does not *force* anyone to quit selling Windows XP or any previous
OS in any manner other than the same one other companies *force* resellers
to stop selling other outdated products/models - by stopping manufacturer.
You may well love that 1977 TransAm or 1965 Mustang - but you are not going
to GM/Ford to get them - nor are you likely to be going to a new car
dealership and getting them from their new car division.

As far as the games - try compatibility mode. Try getting an OEM or Retail
copy of an OS that will run the games in question and running it. Try
asking the manufacturer of the game(s) in question how to get their game
(they created and support) to run on the new OS. If they still support it
and suggest buying the next version instead of a work-around - they did
exactly what you say Microsoft is doing - or exactly what all businesses and
most people do. They moved on.

*shrug* I am running Vista with a Windows XP Virtual Machine as I am typing
to you. I have another machine with only Vista. I have a couple of others
with WIndows XP Professional and one with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. I
have many *nix virtual machines as well. I also help manage several hundred
Windows XP machines and a few Windows Vista machines for regular users.
Macintosh OS X as well. To each their own.

If you want something else - get it, install it, use it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP