Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (K

David

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (K
windows server 2000 - the update above will not install. No error message,
just a note that "The following updates were not installed: Security
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB947742)"

Anyone hlep me how to install and get arround this issue?

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (K
1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
go uninstalling/removing any of them!

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

David wrote:
> windows server 2000 - the update above will not install. No error
> message,
> just a note that "The following updates were not installed:
> Security
> Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB947742)"
>
> Anyone hlep me how to install and get arround this issue?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack1 (K
Check the Application Event log to see if there are any error codes present.
*Right* click My Computer on the Desktop or Start menu and choose Manage.
Computer Management (Local) > Event Viewer > Application
Either look for Error under Type and/or under Source, MsiInstaller.
If you find an entry that shows an error code for the installation
attempts, then please post them into your reply.

If no error codes are present, then suggest you run the .NET Framework
setup verification tool to check for errors:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...3/8015158.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

David wrote:

> windows server 2000 - the update above will not install. No error message,
> just a note that "The following updates were not installed: Security
> Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB947742)"
>
> Anyone hlep me how to install and get arround this issue?

Nick in Cali

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack
Funny I have the same issue!!!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Check the Application Event log to see if there are any error codes present.
> *Right* click My Computer on the Desktop or Start menu and choose Manage.
> Computer Management (Local) > Event Viewer > Application
> Either look for Error under Type and/or under Source, MsiInstaller.
> If you find an entry that shows an error code for the installation
> attempts, then please post them into your reply.
>
> If no error codes are present, then suggest you run the .NET Framework
> setup verification tool to check for errors:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...3/8015158.aspx
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> David wrote:
>
> > windows server 2000 - the update above will not install. No error message,
> > just a note that "The following updates were not installed: Security
> > Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB947742)"
> >
> > Anyone hlep me how to install and get arround this issue?

Nick in Cali

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack
Error: 0x80080005

"Nick in Cali" wrote:

> Funny I have the same issue!!!
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Check the Application Event log to see if there are any error codes present.
> > *Right* click My Computer on the Desktop or Start menu and choose Manage.
> > Computer Management (Local) > Event Viewer > Application
> > Either look for Error under Type and/or under Source, MsiInstaller.
> > If you find an entry that shows an error code for the installation
> > attempts, then please post them into your reply.
> >
> > If no error codes are present, then suggest you run the .NET Framework
> > setup verification tool to check for errors:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...3/8015158.aspx
> >
> > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> > ===============
> > *-343-* FDNY
> > Never Forgotten
> >

> > David wrote:
> >
> > > windows server 2000 - the update above will not install. No error message,
> > > just a note that "The following updates were not installed: Security
> > > Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB947742)"
> > >
> > > Anyone hlep me how to install and get arround this issue?

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack
Funny, you could begin your own thread about your problem!!!