No sound

ercolegui

No sound
Hi all!
I have updated my Windows Vista recently on 18th September and, after all
the process, the audio has completely disappeared. Nothing at all.
I have tried to get back with the restoration points but it seems not to
work, I guess because it's an update to SP1. Any idea? Anyone has
experimented the same as me or knows how to fix that?
Thanks in advance
Ato_Zee

Re: No sound

On 21-Sep-2008, =?Utf-8?B?ZXJjb2xlZ3Vp?=
<ercolegui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have updated my Windows Vista recently on 18th September and, after all
> the process, the audio has completely disappeared. Nothing at all.
> I have tried to get back with the restoration points but it seems not to
> work, I guess because it's an update to SP1. Any idea? Anyone has
> experimented the same as me or knows how to fix that?

I had to update my Realtek audio drivers to fix it, yours may not
be Realtek so you should first try your motherboard mfrs. website
and see whether there are any updates.
If not determine your audio system chipset vendor and see
what updates are there.
It is all part of the Microsoft experience, your system becomes
increasingly disfunctional with each update.
TaurArian

RE: No sound
A device driver is not installed, or a hardware device does not function
correctly after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"ercolegui" wrote:

> Hi all!
> I have updated my Windows Vista recently on 18th September and, after all
> the process, the audio has completely disappeared. Nothing at all.
> I have tried to get back with the restoration points but it seems not to
> work, I guess because it's an update to SP1. Any idea? Anyone has
> experimented the same as me or knows how to fix that?
> Thanks in advance

No sounds either

RE: No sound
Same Here!! I have tried and tried. When I check the system info. it says
there is no driver available and then it says there are no audio output
devices!!!
Are they just trying to make us upgrade out PC's?????

"ercolegui" wrote:

> Hi all!
> I have updated my Windows Vista recently on 18th September and, after all
> the process, the audio has completely disappeared. Nothing at all.
> I have tried to get back with the restoration points but it seems not to
> work, I guess because it's an update to SP1. Any idea? Anyone has
> experimented the same as me or knows how to fix that?
> Thanks in advance

TaurArian

RE: No sound
In case you missed the response to the OP -