Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads

Toaksie

Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
My windows Update continues to download and install the following updates and
seems to be stuck in a continuous loop:

KB951944
KB954326
KB950130

It says they have been successfully installed each time but then they
reappear as required downloads and installs every time my pc restarts. No
other updates are appearing.

Any help much appreciated.
TaurArian

Re: Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
This issue can occur because of the corrupt content of the Software
Distribution folder.

Rename the Software Distribution folder try to access the Windows Update
site again.

How to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder in Vista -
1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an
Administrator)

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.

2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.

3. Start the Windows Update service

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.

This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not
important.

Reboot - without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Toaksie" <Toaksie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My windows Update continues to download and install the following updates
> and
> seems to be stuck in a continuous loop:
>
> KB951944
> KB954326
> KB950130
>
> It says they have been successfully installed each time but then they
> reappear as required downloads and installs every time my pc restarts.
> No
> other updates are appearing.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Toaksie

Re: Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
When I try to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder it says i need
permission, yet I am running as administrator, also when you say Reboot -
without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created what exactly
do you mean, thanks for your time.

Tom

"TaurArian" wrote:

> This issue can occur because of the corrupt content of the Software
> Distribution folder.
>
> Rename the Software Distribution folder try to access the Windows Update
> site again.
>
> How to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder in Vista -
> 1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an
> Administrator)
>
> Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
> Tools
> Double-click Services
> (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.
>
> 2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
>
> Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
>
> 3. Start the Windows Update service
>
> Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
> Tools
> Double-click Services
> (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.
>
> This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not
> important.
>
> Reboot - without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Toaksie" <Toaksie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My windows Update continues to download and install the following updates
> > and
> > seems to be stuck in a continuous loop:
> >
> > KB951944
> > KB954326
> > KB950130
> >
> > It says they have been successfully installed each time but then they
> > reappear as required downloads and installs every time my pc restarts.
> > No
> > other updates are appearing.
> >
> > Any help much appreciated.

TaurArian

Re: Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
Did you try what PA Bear suggested?

As for "Reboot - without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully
created what exactly do you mean, thanks for your time."

You must reboot the computer after renaming the folder so that the folder
can be re-created properly. If you fail to reboot the computer, the folder is
not re-created properly.

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Toaksie" wrote:

> When I try to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder it says i need
> permission, yet I am running as administrator, also when you say Reboot -
> without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created what exactly
> do you mean, thanks for your time.
>
> Tom
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > This issue can occur because of the corrupt content of the Software
> > Distribution folder.
> >
> > Rename the Software Distribution folder try to access the Windows Update
> > site again.
> >
> > How to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder in Vista -
> > 1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an
> > Administrator)
> >
> > Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
> > Tools
> > Double-click Services
> > (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> > Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.
> >
> > 2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
> >
> > Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
> >
> > 3. Start the Windows Update service
> >
> > Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative
> > Tools
> > Double-click Services
> > (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> > Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.
> >
> > This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not
> > important.
> >
> > Reboot - without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created.
> >

> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >

> > "Toaksie" <Toaksie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My windows Update continues to download and install the following updates
> > > and
> > > seems to be stuck in a continuous loop:
> > >
> > > KB951944
> > > KB954326
> > > KB950130
> > >
> > > It says they have been successfully installed each time but then they
> > > reappear as required downloads and installs every time my pc restarts.
> > > No
> > > other updates are appearing.
> > >
> > > Any help much appreciated.

crossover

RE: Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
I am also having problem with

Broadcom - Network - Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Download size: 2.8 MB

Update type: Optional

2.Conexant - Audio - Conexant High Definition Audio

Download size: 931 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Conexant Audio software update released in May, 2008

3. CXT - Network - HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Download size: 1.4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

And because of this I am unable to use the wireless of my laptop

Hope anyone from microsoft can solve the problem

Re: Vista Update stuck on 3 downloads
Please begin a new thread about *your* problem.