Windows update error code 80240038

starlight412

Windows update error code 80240038
Could anyone help me to solve an error in Windows Update (80240038) in MS
Vista Business.
I already tried to shut down realtime protection, antivirus, firewall etc.
It doesn't work for over a month now and I really would like to be able to
fix this problem and get updates!!

Thank you for your time,
Margot

Re: Windows update error code 80240038
Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? <=only a question, not a
recommendation!

What third-party firewall (if any)?

=====================================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

your usual support contacts.

starlight412 wrote:
> Could anyone help me to solve an error in Windows Update (80240038) in MS
> Vista Business.
> I already tried to shut down realtime protection, antivirus, firewall etc.
> It doesn't work for over a month now and I really would like to be able to
> fix this problem and get updates!!
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Margot

starlight412

Re: Windows update error code 80240038
Hi PA Bear,

I am running Vista, I guess.... I only see installed updates SP1,2 and 3 for
Windows Office 2003.

Antivirus is Norton Internet Security, anti spyware and firewall is included
in this package.

I hope this is enough info, and you'll be able to help!

Grz Margot

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? <=only a question, not a
> recommendation!

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> =====================================

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> starlight412 wrote:
> > Could anyone help me to solve an error in Windows Update (80240038) in MS
> > Vista Business.
> > I already tried to shut down realtime protection, antivirus, firewall etc.
> > It doesn't work for over a month now and I really would like to be able to
> > fix this problem and get updates!!
> >
> > Thank you for your time,
> > Margot

starlight412

Re: Windows update error code 80240038
My subscription for Norton Internet Security 2008 is current, it says 158
days left.
I don't understand why until a month ago there was no problem (with
antivirus NIS on) and suddenly updates were no longer allowed. I own my
laptop for about a year now.

MWK

"starlight412" wrote:

> Hi PA Bear,
>
> I am running Vista, I guess.... I only see installed updates SP1,2 and 3 for
> Windows Office 2003.
>
> Antivirus is Norton Internet Security, anti spyware and firewall is included
> in this package.
>
> I hope this is enough info, and you'll be able to help!
>
> Grz Margot
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? <=only a question, not a
> > recommendation!
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> > What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >
> > =====================================
> >
> > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >
> > Support for Windows Update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> > security updates.
> >
> > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >
> > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> > your usual support contacts.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >
> > starlight412 wrote:
> > > Could anyone help me to solve an error in Windows Update (80240038) in MS
> > > Vista Business.
> > > I already tried to shut down realtime protection, antivirus, firewall etc.
> > > It doesn't work for over a month now and I really would like to be able to
> > > fix this problem and get updates!!
> > >
> > > Thank you for your time,
> > > Margot

Re: Windows update error code 80240038
I'd recommend opening a free support incident, Margot. See my previous
reply.