Tip: Install WinXP SP3 first to avoid having to install about 100 of those
114 critical updates!
1. Download & save to your desktop:
2. Read & heed:
3. Logged in as Administrator, if necessary, double-click on the saved file
to install WinXP SP3*. Follow all prompts, be patient, and reboot twice.
4. Do Resolution Method 2 here (trust me):
5. Go to Windows Update | Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any critical
security updates offered. Again, follow all prompts.
[I do NOT recommend installing IE7 via Windows Update.]
6. Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled; cf.
Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
| select "Windows
XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
Protect Your PC!
Learn how to protect your PC by taking three simple steps
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
Adam Selene wrote:
> SBS2003,Win XP SP2;newly re-installed;TrendMicro CSM; Microsoft Update;
> Downloads and verifies all updates but ALL installations fail. No reason
> given. I can't turn this PC over to a user with 114 critical updates