I know that this is a test, but have been unable to post.

Charles W Davis

I know that this is a test, but have been unable to post.
I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate,
microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can
post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will arrive
somehere.

My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my Windows
Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that Outlook 2007
did not close correctly and that the data file is being checked for errors.

I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics. After
the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not been
updated...

When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get updates
for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to Try Microsoft
Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then receive the following:

[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User
Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator
for help with updates.

On the newsgroups, I found a reference to:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524

I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.

Method 6 also provides nothing positive.

Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install
Microsoft Update on my system.

DL

Re: I know that this is a test, but have been unable to post.
I think this is a Vista issue, to do with Administrator account
You posted to an update group, but not a Vista group.

The outlook issue is probably irrellevent, untill you have addressed the
Vista/MSupdate issue

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate,
>microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can
>post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will arrive
>somehere.
>
> My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my Windows
> Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that Outlook
> 2007 did not close correctly and that the data file is being checked for
> errors.
>
> I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics.
> After the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not been
> updated...
>
> When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get
> updates for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to Try
> Microsoft Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then receive
> the following:
>
> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
> To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to
> User Accounts in Control Panel.
>
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system
> administrator for help with updates.
>
> On the newsgroups, I found a reference to:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
>
> I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
> Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.
>
> Method 6 also provides nothing positive.
>
> Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install
> Microsoft Update on my system.

Charles W Davis

Re: I know that this is a test, but have been unable to post.
Thank you. I failed to include the Vista General newsgroup.

Test Post egmap Test Forum 2 06-10-2010 10:54
Test Post kevpan815@nospam.hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 10-27-2007 06:18
test post mark microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 10-20-2007 22:11
Test post Paul Smith microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 17:46
test post Just Joe microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 02-13-2007 15:10