Computer wil not restart after Visa update

Kirsty

Computer wil not restart after Visa update
I performed a Vista update today, one was for the definition update for
windows defender the other was a Windows Vista update deemed 'recommended.
Usually the computer prompts me to whether I wish to restart, this time my
computer screen went to a ark grey then went to the shut down screen with the
step 2 of 3 message and do not shut down computer, my computer restarted,
showing the HP splash screen, it then hung there for a few seconds, shut off,
restarted and just does this over and over. I cannot access safe mode by
hitting F10 this just causes the computer to freeze on the same hp spalsh
screen.
Anyone else had this issue and if so what do you suggest?'

Re: Computer wil not restart after Visa update
I suggest you start by telling us if you're currently running Vista or Vista
SP1 and if the machine's still under warranty of service contract.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Kirsty wrote:
> I performed a Vista update today, one was for the definition update for
> windows defender the other was a Windows Vista update deemed 'recommended.
> Usually the computer prompts me to whether I wish to restart, this time my
> computer screen went to a ark grey then went to the shut down screen with
> the step 2 of 3 message and do not shut down computer, my computer
> restarted, showing the HP splash screen, it then hung there for a few
> seconds, shut off, restarted and just does this over and over. I cannot
> access safe mode by hitting F10 this just causes the computer to freeze on
> the same hp spalsh screen.
> Anyone else had this issue and if so what do you suggest?'

dwallace

"Kirsty" wrote:

> I performed a Vista update today, one was for the definition update for
> windows defender the other was a Windows Vista update deemed 'recommended.
> Usually the computer prompts me to whether I wish to restart, this time my
> computer screen went to a ark grey then went to the shut down screen with the
> step 2 of 3 message and do not shut down computer, my computer restarted,
> showing the HP splash screen, it then hung there for a few seconds, shut off,
> restarted and just does this over and over. I cannot access safe mode by
> hitting F10 this just causes the computer to freeze on the same hp spalsh
> screen.
> Anyone else had this issue and if so what do you suggest?

' Had basically same thing. Using Vista HP get:"Configuring Updates: Stage 3
of 3-0% complete
Do Not Turn Off Computer"

After a minute or 2 the system shuts down and reboots back to the same screen.
I left computer n for three days!!! Still nothing. I finallyshut it down.
Did a system restore and voila. Problem is Update shows 2 updates installed
successfully on 9/19 but they don't show up in Uninstall. I'm still trying to
get to the bottom of this.