0x8007F0F1 installation Failed

mariner

0x8007F0F1 installation Failed
Okay, for the last four days I have been trying to install KB938127 but keept
getting this error 0x8007F0F1. I`ve stopped my firewall, antivirus,
antispyware and tried again. Still will not install. I contacted Microsoft
via email, the next day I received an email asking me to turn off the
Antivirus etc, etc. I informed them by email that I had tried all that they
suggested. The next day I received another email asking me to do the same
thing again....Grrrr, Grrrr!
Today I received an email from them saying that I should stop my antivirus,
firewall etc, etc.
DOES ANYONE AT MICROSOFT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING????
What`s the point of having a support section if it is run by idiots!!!

--
A lie gets halfway round the world before the truth has a chance to get it`s
pants on - thats a fact!

Re: 0x8007F0F1 installation Failed
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

0x8007f0f1 STATUS_INCOMPARABLE_BRANCHES
Files from the package are incompatible with files on your system.

The usual suspect here is having a beta or Release Candidate build of, e.g.,
WinXP SP3 or Vista SP1 installed.

(If such is the case, who's the idiot?)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

mariner wrote:
> Okay, for the last four days I have been trying to install KB938127 but
> keept getting this error 0x8007F0F1. I`ve stopped my firewall, antivirus,
> antispyware and tried again. Still will not install. I contacted Microsoft
> via email, the next day I received an email asking me to turn off the
> Antivirus etc, etc. I informed them by email that I had tried all that
> they
> suggested. The next day I received another email asking me to do the same
> thing again....Grrrr, Grrrr!
> Today I received an email from them saying that I should stop my
> antivirus,
> firewall etc, etc.
> DOES ANYONE AT MICROSOFT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING????
> What`s the point of having a support section if it is run by idiots!!!

mariner

Re: 0x8007F0F1 installation Failed
Seems like my initial statement was correct then....
--

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> 0x8007f0f1 STATUS_INCOMPARABLE_BRANCHES
> Files from the package are incompatible with files on your system.
>
> The usual suspect here is having a beta or Release Candidate build of, e.g.,
> WinXP SP3 or Vista SP1 installed.
>
> (If such is the case, who's the idiot?)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> mariner wrote:
> > Okay, for the last four days I have been trying to install KB938127 but
> > keept getting this error 0x8007F0F1. I`ve stopped my firewall, antivirus,
> > antispyware and tried again. Still will not install. I contacted Microsoft
> > via email, the next day I received an email asking me to turn off the
> > Antivirus etc, etc. I informed them by email that I had tried all that
> > they
> > suggested. The next day I received another email asking me to do the same
> > thing again....Grrrr, Grrrr!
> > Today I received an email from them saying that I should stop my
> > antivirus,
> > firewall etc, etc.
> > DOES ANYONE AT MICROSOFT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING????
> > What`s the point of having a support section if it is run by idiots!!!

Re: 0x8007F0F1 installation Failed
With very few exceptions, no one here works for or represents Microsoft.
We're all volunteers. Feel free to ignore my comments and concentrate on
the replies of others.

PS: Don't hold your breath.

mariner wrote:
> Seems like my initial statement was correct then....
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> 0x8007f0f1 STATUS_INCOMPARABLE_BRANCHES
>> Files from the package are incompatible with files on your system.
>>
>> The usual suspect here is having a beta or Release Candidate build of,
>> e.g., WinXP SP3 or Vista SP1 installed.
>>
>> (If such is the case, who's the idiot?)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> mariner wrote:
>>> Okay, for the last four days I have been trying to install KB938127 but
>>> keept getting this error 0x8007F0F1. I`ve stopped my firewall,
>>> antivirus,
>>> antispyware and tried again. Still will not install. I contacted
>>> Microsoft
>>> via email, the next day I received an email asking me to turn off the
>>> Antivirus etc, etc. I informed them by email that I had tried all that
>>> they
>>> suggested. The next day I received another email asking me to do the
>>> same
>>> thing again....Grrrr, Grrrr!
>>> Today I received an email from them saying that I should stop my
>>> antivirus,
>>> firewall etc, etc.
>>> DOES ANYONE AT MICROSOFT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING????
>>> What`s the point of having a support section if it is run by idiots!!!

katkinson1974

Re: 0x8007F0F1 installation Failed

I have Windows xp SP3 edition and I'm also getting the same error code.*
I've tried numerous times to install these 2 updates for internet
explorer 7 and they both failed.* Is there anything I can do to remedy
this situation?Please HELP!!!!

--
katkinson1974
katkinson1974's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/katkinson1974.htm