Cannot Access Login Screen Due to Update Message

misskgirl

Cannot Access Login Screen Due to Update Message
I have Windows Vista, and when I boot up my computer, instead of getting my
login screen, I get a message that tells me it is configuring updates and to
not shut down. My computer proceeds to then shut itself down after about 60
seconds, re-boot itself, and then the same message comes up again instead of
my login screen. This process repeats itself until I manually shut down the
computer or pull the plug out of the wall. How can I bypass this
configuration so I can access my login screen? My computer is inaccessible at
this point since this message is reoccurring and will not allow me to do
anything besides sit there and read this recurring message.

Any help is appreciated!

Kristi

Re: Cannot Access Login Screen Due to Update Message
CrystalBall© sez...

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

===============

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

misskgirl wrote:
> I have Windows Vista, and when I boot up my computer, instead of getting
> my
> login screen, I get a message that tells me it is configuring updates and
> not shut down. My computer proceeds to then shut itself down after about
> 60
> seconds, re-boot itself, and then the same message comes up again instead
> of
> my login screen. This process repeats itself until I manually shut down
> the
> computer or pull the plug out of the wall. How can I bypass this
> configuration so I can access my login screen? My computer is inaccessible
> at this point since this message is reoccurring and will not allow me to
> do
> anything besides sit there and read this recurring message.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Kristi

misskgirl

Re: Cannot Access Login Screen Due to Update Message
I tried the first two suggested options, and I still cannot access the login
screen. I will seek other support.

Thank you for your reply.