Would outdated drivers cause an update to mess the video card.

Stacy

Would outdated drivers cause an update to mess the video card.
Last week, I left my computer and came back to the screen looking all
stretched and the menu bars not fitting correctly. Some downloads did come in
that day and we have tried everything to put the prios configurations back.
My computer guy tried rolling back the video card and adjusting the settings
and screen buttons themself which have not worked. I have to keep the screen
800 x 600 resolution to be able to use the side bars and back button. Any
ideas??
Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Would outdated drivers cause an update to mess the video card.
Stacy wrote:

> Last week, I left my computer and came back to the screen looking all
> stretched and the menu bars not fitting correctly. Some downloads did come in
> that day and we have tried everything to put the prios configurations back.

Odds are this was not the underlying cause, although the associated reboot might
have triggered the problem.

> My computer guy tried rolling back the video card and adjusting the settings
> and screen buttons themself which have not worked. I have to keep the screen
> 800 x 600 resolution to be able to use the side bars and back button. Any
> ideas??

It would definitely be worth checking on the manufacturer's web site for more
recent video drivers.

... on the other hand, it might be the display itself that is faulty. Is this
a desktop machine? Have you tried connecting it to a different monitor?

Harry.
Stacy

Re: Would outdated drivers cause an update to mess the video card.
Thanks Harry. I am updating drivers now, but am going to bring my office
computer monitor home tomorrow and see if that changes anything. It is a
desktop and this is driving me mad. It might be the monitor cause the buttons
on the monitor won't make it smaller when it should.