how to switch my computer to open instead of search

warrath blacktiger

how to switch my computer to open instead of search
my computer keeps trying to search instead of opening the file when i double
click on it and when i right click it shows search ontop and open second
i use xp
and i have another problem where the computer keeps asking me to run under
the current user or the admistrator its a real pain in the butt to click on
it and enter a pass for all my programs when i use one
and need some help i dont have access to internet on my computer i have to
come to libary at the collage to down load any updates or stuff and most of
what i find wants to scan by way of the internet
got this computer from a student who was leaving collage and it was working
fine i tryed to go back to an earlyer point but it just dosnt help get past
the problem any help or sugestions would be appreceated and thanks
--
warrath blacktiger
TaurArian

RE: how to switch my computer to open instead of search
See: How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
or
Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx