autoupdate does not work

Katze

autoupdate does not work
I got also 0x80070424 at windows update site.
Service automatic update is deaktivated - not abel to change that = error 1058

"you're using V6 update site
download and install the latest Windows Update Engine with the
following link.
http://download.windowsupdate.com/v6/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe"
==> ends with error 0x80070422

Re: autoupdate does not work
You, too, probably have a Vundo infection, which is usually accompanied by
ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which is protected by a rootkit.

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0, or other
appropriate forums for review by an expert in such matters, not here.**

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Katze wrote:
> I got also 0x80070424 at windows update site.
> Service automatic update is deaktivated - not abel to change that = error
> 1058
>
> "you're using V6 update site
> download and install the latest Windows Update Engine with the
> following link.
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v6/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe"
> ==> ends with error 0x80070422

Katze

Re: autoupdate does not work
Thanx for quick Help..

It was an infect with vundo!
i cleaned it with Tool from
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You, too, probably have a Vundo infection, which is usually accompanied by
> ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which is protected by a rootkit.
>
> Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0, or other
> appropriate forums for review by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Katze wrote:
> > I got also 0x80070424 at windows update site.
> > Service automatic update is deaktivated - not abel to change that = error
> > 1058
> >
> > "you're using V6 update site
> > download and install the latest Windows Update Engine with the
> > following link.
> > http://download.windowsupdate.com/v6/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe"
> > ==> ends with error 0x80070422

Re: autoupdate does not work
I can assure you that the machine is NOT clean yet! Post your HijackThis
log in an appropriate forum for analysis by an expert in such matters.
--
~PA Bear