Re: FAILED SECURITY UPDATE
Posted previously by Peter Foldes:
" Try the below fix for the Office 2003 Updates and post back with result
1st Rename Office subkeys
Note: Removing the following registry keys may reset customized user
settings for your Microsoft Office programs.
1. Close all the applications.
2. Click on Start->Run, type in REGEDIT and click on OK.
3. Locate and select the following registry subkeys:
4. Right click on 11.0 and rename them to Old11.
5. Close the Registry Editor.
2nd. Detect and Repair Office 2003
1. On the Windows taskbar, click Start, point to and click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Click Change/Remove Programs on the left pane.
4. Highlight Microsoft Office 2003 on the right pane and click Change.
5. Insert the correct version of CD when it requires.
6. Select "Reinstall and Repair" and click Next.
7. Select "Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation".
8. Click Install and wait the process to end.
3rd. Install the Updates "
Did that get the updates installed ?
MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> I'm having the same problem as well as others are.Tech Support couldn't fix
> the problem which includes Easy Assist where support takes control of your
> PC.Inserting the disk which has been suggested here doesn't work either.
> "RANAMASKA" wrote:
>>Security Update for Office 2003 (KB954478)
>>Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404)
>>I HAVE MADE MULTIPLE MANUAL ATTEMPTS TO INSTALL THESE UPDATES. AUTOMATIC
>>UPDATE ATTEMPTS DAILY, BUT TO NO AVAIL. I SEE ON THE DISCUSSION GROUPS THAT
>>MANY ARE HAVING THE SAME DIFFICULTY. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?