Update error code 80070663

Huw Jones

Update error code 80070663
Hi,
Have recently started getting the above error code for any Office 2007
updates (all appear to be security updates starting with the KB951596-related
update which was issued on 12th August. There are now 6 updates all with the
same problem.
I have Office 2007 ultimate and am trying to install on Vista 32 bit (SP1).
All other MS updates install correctly.
I've searched for help on this (and not found much) - just to say that I
have tried the suggestions in the KB article 913754 and have also tried
downloading and installing the updates separately. I have also tried doing
this in safe mode - all to no avail.
Please let me know if there's any other additional info needed to start to
address this (I run Kaspersky 2009 and it's clearly set to allow appropriate
access for these downloads).
ANY help appreciated - I've drawn a blank (and I'm NOT a techie-whizz, so
please respond without making that assumption!!).
Thanks

Huw

Re: Update error code 80070663
Insert your Office 2007 CD/DVD into the appropriate drive bay before
attempting to install these updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Huw Jones wrote:
> Hi,
> Have recently started getting the above error code for any Office 2007
> updates (all appear to be security updates starting with the
> KB951596-related update which was issued on 12th August. There are now 6
> updates all with the same problem.
> I have Office 2007 ultimate and am trying to install on Vista 32 bit
> (SP1).
> All other MS updates install correctly.
> I've searched for help on this (and not found much) - just to say that I
> have tried the suggestions in the KB article 913754 and have also tried
> downloading and installing the updates separately. I have also tried doing
> this in safe mode - all to no avail.
> Please let me know if there's any other additional info needed to start to
> address this (I run Kaspersky 2009 and it's clearly set to allow
> appropriate
> access for these downloads).
> ANY help appreciated - I've drawn a blank (and I'm NOT a techie-whizz, so
> please respond without making that assumption!!).
> Thanks
>
> Huw

Huw Jones

Re: Update error code 80070663
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried it but get the error message:
"The detection failed. This can be due to a corrupted installation database".
I should also say that I have run the MS Office Diagnostics software which
gave a clean bill of health and also the 'repair' option from the install CD,
which also worked correctly.

Short of a complete re-install (which I really don't want to do - and what
are the chances that the problem won't re-occur if I don't know what's
causing it?) are there any other options?

Thanks

Huw

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Insert your Office 2007 CD/DVD into the appropriate drive bay before
> attempting to install these updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Huw Jones wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Have recently started getting the above error code for any Office 2007
> > updates (all appear to be security updates starting with the
> > KB951596-related update which was issued on 12th August. There are now 6
> > updates all with the same problem.
> > I have Office 2007 ultimate and am trying to install on Vista 32 bit
> > (SP1).
> > All other MS updates install correctly.
> > I've searched for help on this (and not found much) - just to say that I
> > have tried the suggestions in the KB article 913754 and have also tried
> > downloading and installing the updates separately. I have also tried doing
> > this in safe mode - all to no avail.
> > Please let me know if there's any other additional info needed to start to
> > address this (I run Kaspersky 2009 and it's clearly set to allow
> > appropriate
> > access for these downloads).
> > ANY help appreciated - I've drawn a blank (and I'm NOT a techie-whizz, so
> > please respond without making that assumption!!).
> > Thanks
> >
> > Huw

Re: Update error code 80070663
Ignoring the title & symptoms, if need be, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687

Did you upgrade to Office 2007 from, e.g., Office 2003?

=> Office Update-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.officeupdate
--
~PA Bear