Re: Error 80070424

robflam

Re: Error 80070424

Click Start Run Type regsvr32.exe Enter
This is supposed to be the XP solution but I am running Vista and it
works for me neat and simple. I have used it twice.
Good Luck

--
robflam
robflam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/robflam.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error 80070424
robflam wrote:

> Click Start Run Type regsvr32.exe Enter
> This is supposed to be the XP solution but I am running Vista and it
> works for me neat and simple. I have used it twice.
> Good Luck

Err ... what goes after regsvr32 ? Just running that means nothing
without specifying what's being registered.

Did mean regsvr32 qmgr.dll to repair the BITS service ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
robflam

Re: Error 80070424

Click Start
Choose Run
Type regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
Click OK

Again sorry

robflam wrote:

> Click Start
> Choose Run
> Type regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
> Click OK
>
> Again sorry

Thanks for posting the command, robflam !

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
necromx3

Re: Error 80070424

I'm running Vista 32bit and yea, that fix worked for me as well. Does
anyone know why this happens?

--
necromx3
necromx3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/necromx3.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/432484.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error 80070424
Going by past history, one would tend to pin the cause on this issue on
the installed security software. It did not allow the successful
registration of wuaeng.dll.
So, the question is, what is the installed AV/security
suite/anti-spy/malware programs ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

necromx3 wrote:

> I'm running Vista 32bit and yea, that fix worked for me as well. Does
> anyone know why this happens?

cx420ns

Re: Error 80070424

'MowGreen [MVP Wrote:
> ;3975456']robflam wrote:
>
> > Click Start
> > Choose Run
> > Type regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
> > Click OK
> >
> > Again sorry
> >

> Thanks for posting the command, robflam !
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

I did as explained here and got this message - "The modlue wuaueng.dll
was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code
0x80070005. for more information search online."

okaaaaay... dont help me stupid windows =p

i did search for it but came up with a lot of no help.

all this started cause i was watching something in VLC and it crashed,
blue screen, restarted and problem reports came up saying it was my
graphics card (brand freakin new laptop too i might add) and there was
no soloution to the problem at this time (yay)

so i try update and no go, error codes.

actually, i remember it didnt work last week either.... huh.

anyways, does anyone know the magic answer? running Vista Home 32 bit.
already tried MGADiag.exe.

--
cx420ns
cx420ns's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cx420ns.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/432484.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error 80070424
> I did as explained here and got this message - "The modlue wuaueng.dll
> was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code
> 0x80070005. for more information search online."

That's a Permissions issue. Possibly caused by security software
changing the Perms for wuaueng.dll. The file is located in WINDOWS\System32.
You'll need to show hidden files, folders, and system files to locate
it. When you do, right click it, choose Properties, and then click the
Security tab.
SYSTEM, Admins, and Users need Read&execute and Read perms. Is it set to
that ?
TrustedInstaller has Full Control.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

cx420ns wrote:

> 'MowGreen [MVP Wrote:
>
>>;3975456']robflam wrote:
>>

>>>Click Start
>>>Choose Run
>>>Type regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
>>>Click OK
>>>
>>>Again sorry
>>>

>>Thanks for posting the command, robflam !
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>===============
>>*-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============

> I did as explained here and got this message - "The modlue wuaueng.dll
> was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code
> 0x80070005. for more information search online."
>
> okaaaaay... dont help me stupid windows =p
>
> i did search for it but came up with a lot of no help.
>
> all this started cause i was watching something in VLC and it crashed,
> blue screen, restarted and problem reports came up saying it was my
> graphics card (brand freakin new laptop too i might add) and there was
> no soloution to the problem at this time (yay)
>
> so i try update and no go, error codes.
>
> actually, i remember it didnt work last week either.... huh.
>
> anyways, does anyone know the magic answer? running Vista Home 32 bit.
> already tried MGADiag.exe.

nathelyn_19

Re: Error 80070424

For Those Using Vista: you have to run Command Prompt as an
administrator and then try to type the commands e.g. "regsvr32
wuaueng.dll"

You may have the error about "dllregister" if you are not running the
commands as administrator.
One way to do this is by typing the word "command" or "cmd" in the
search box, Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Adminstrator.
Then type the commands from there.

--
nathelyn_19
nathelyn_19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103466.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/432484.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

aire.gt

Re: Error 80070424
Hey.. I'm using a 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium and nothing of these
solutions seem to work.

Please, help!!