Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077

David Berry

Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
(KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
couldn't help.

What do I need to do to get it back working?

Thanks

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
Hi, Dave!

Recent similar thread here:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f894b29acee616

Dunno what the OP did to fix it. Maybe you might try overinstalling
KB956077? =>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-FF3EC147334C
--
~Robear

David Berry wrote:
> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk
> mail
> filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
> Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
> couldn't help.
>
> What do I need to do to get it back working?
>
> Thanks

sherz1

RE: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
i am having the same issue. my junk email filter is not working anymore.
however, i installed several updates last night and i am not sure which one
caused this to happen.
--
sheri

"David Berry" wrote:

> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
> filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
> Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
> couldn't help.
>
> What do I need to do to get it back working?
>
> Thanks

David Berry

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
Thanks. I tried overinsatlling it, got a message that it was already
installed and I tried System Restore and that didn't work either. Tried the
Outlook NG, no help.

> Hi, Dave!
>
> Recent similar thread here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f894b29acee616
>
> Dunno what the OP did to fix it. Maybe you might try overinstalling
> KB956077? =>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-FF3EC147334C
> --
> ~Robear
>

> David Berry wrote:
>> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
>> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk
>> mail
>> filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
>> Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
>> couldn't help.
>>
>> What do I need to do to get it back working?
>>
>> Thanks

Alias

David Berry wrote:
> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
> filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
> Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
> couldn't help.
>
> What do I need to do to get it back working?
>
> Thanks

It wasn't the updates because my junk filter works fine after installing
all the updates. Did you, per chance, leave your anti virus resident
scan enabled when you installed the updates? What did you do to prepare
for updates? Did you continue using your computer while the updates
installed?

Alias

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
Try a Repair or uninstall/reinstall Office 2003 then install all updates.

David Berry wrote:
> Thanks. I tried overinsatlling it, got a message that it was already
> installed and I tried System Restore and that didn't work either. Tried
> the
> Outlook NG, no help.

>> Hi, Dave!
>>
>> Recent similar thread here:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f894b29acee616
>>
>> Dunno what the OP did to fix it. Maybe you might try overinstalling
>> KB956077? =>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-FF3EC147334C
>> --
>> ~Robear
>>

>> David Berry wrote:
>>> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
>>> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk
>>> mail
>>> filter isn't working at all. I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal
>>> Error during Installation". I tried the Outlook news groups and they
>>> couldn't help.
>>>
>>> What do I need to do to get it back working?
>>>
>>> Thanks

sherz1

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
i unistalled KB953404 and my junk mail is being filtered now.
--
sheri

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Try a Repair or uninstall/reinstall Office 2003 then install all updates.
>
> David Berry wrote:
> > Thanks. I tried overinsatlling it, got a message that it was already
> > installed and I tried System Restore and that didn't work either. Tried
> > the
> > Outlook NG, no help.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi, Dave!
> >>
> >> Recent similar thread here:
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f894b29acee616
> >>
> >> Dunno what the OP did to fix it. Maybe you might try overinstalling
> >> KB956077? =>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-FF3EC147334C
> >> --
> >> ~Robear

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
So...?

sherz1 wrote:
> i unistalled KB953404 and my junk mail is being filtered now.

sherz1

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
what do you mean "So....?" ? I unistalled one of the updates and now my
problem is solved. Hopefully it will provide some assistance to David Berry.
--
sheri

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> So...?
>
> sherz1 wrote:
> > i unistalled KB953404 and my junk mail is being filtered now.

Re: Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077
Did you read David's post?...

QUOTE: I tried to uninstall it but I get "Fatal Error during Installation".