Re: error code 80070057

[X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]

0x80070057
INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT

Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update or
manually?

=================================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Eddy wrote:
> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista for
> x64-based Systems (KB953838) constantly fails to install give me an error
> of
> 80070057. Could someone please help?

Eddy

Re: error code 80070057
Yes, I am running SP1 and it was installed with an integrated install of
"Vista Home Premuim SP1 64."

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x80070057
> INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT
>
> Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update or
> manually?
>
> =================================

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
> (which is 47830).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Eddy wrote:
> > Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista for
> > x64-based Systems (KB953838) constantly fails to install give me an error
> > of
> > 80070057. Could someone please help?

Re: error code 80070057
Open a free support incident, Eddy.
--
~PA Bear

Eddy wrote:
> Yes, I am running SP1 and it was installed with an integrated install of
> "Vista Home Premuim SP1 64."
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>
>> 0x80070057
>> INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT
>>
>> Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update
>> or
>> manually?
>>
>> =================================

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB123456).
>>
>> LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
>> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
>> (which is 47830).
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Eddy wrote:
>>> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista for
>>> x64-based Systems (KB953838) constantly fails to install give me an
>>> error
>>> of
>>> 80070057. Could someone please help?

Eddy

Re: error code 80070057
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Open a free support incident, Eddy.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Eddy wrote:
> > Yes, I am running SP1 and it was installed with an integrated install of
> > "Vista Home Premuim SP1 64."
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]
> >>
> >> 0x80070057
> >> INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT
> >>
> >> Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update
> >> or
> >> manually?
> >>
> >> =================================
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> >> KB123456).
> >>
> >> LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
> >> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
> >> (which is 47830).
> >>
> >> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> >> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> >> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TaurArian

Re: error code 80070057
80070057 - ERROR_INVALID_PARAMENTER. Third party service which is running
in the computer creating the problem. Please do a clean boot and then
install the updates.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

@Eddy: The "third party service" could be a hijackware infection!

TaurArian wrote:
> 80070057 - ERROR_INVALID_PARAMENTER. Third party service which is
> running
> in the computer creating the problem. Please do a clean boot and then
> install the updates.

>> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>
>> 0x80070057
>> INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT
>>
>> Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update
>> or manually?
>>
>> =================================

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB123456).
>>
>> LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
>> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
>> (which is 47830).
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Eddy wrote:
>>> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista for
>>> x64-based Systems (KB953838) constantly fails to install give me an
>>> error
>>> of
>>> 80070057. Could someone please help?

Eddy

Re: error code 80070057
I'm not having any luck with the Microsoft support. I can't submit an e-mail
support
request. This OS was a new install and I installed Kaspersky Internet
Security immediately after the OS. I also tried the clean boot using the
msconfig with no luck.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> @Eddy: The "third party service" could be a hijackware infection!
>
> TaurArian wrote:
> > 80070057 - ERROR_INVALID_PARAMENTER. Third party service which is
> > running
> > in the computer creating the problem. Please do a clean boot and then
> > install the updates.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]
> >>
> >> 0x80070057
> >> INVALID PARAMENTER or ARGUMENT
> >>
> >> Are you running Vista SP1? If so, did you install it via Windows Update
> >> or manually?
> >>
> >> =================================
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> >> KB123456).
> >>
> >> LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
> >> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
> >> (which is 47830).
> >>
> >> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> >> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> >> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: error code 80070057
Do you reside in the US or CA? Do you have another machine you can use to
submit an email support request?

Are you currently running Vista x64 or Vista x64 SP1? (Just a question, not
a recommendation!)

> This OS was a new install

Explain, please. Had Vista x64 or Vista x64 SP1 ever been installed on this
machine? If so, had you been able to install all security updates prior to
the "new install"?

Have you attempted to install KB953838 manually (in normal or Safe Mode)?
--
~PA Bear

Eddy wrote:
> I'm not having any luck with the Microsoft support. I can't submit an
> e-mail support
> request. This OS was a new install and I installed Kaspersky Internet
> Security immediately after the OS. I also tried the clean boot using the
> msconfig with no luck.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> @Eddy: The "third party service" could be a hijackware infection!
>>
>> TaurArian wrote:
>>> 80070057 - ERROR_INVALID_PARAMENTER. Third party service which is
>>> running
>>> in the computer creating the problem. Please do a clean boot and then
>>> install the updates.

Eddy

Re: error code 80070057
I live in Canada, when I submit a request with my info I get an error saying
try again later and I've tried a couple of time on different days. The PC
was install with Vista x64 with SP1 integrated. This was a new pc that I
built, new hard drive (no OS) and everything. I had every security update
installed except KB953838 and I did try to install the update manually by
downloading it to the pc first. I don't think I tried installing it in safe
mode.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Do you reside in the US or CA? Do you have another machine you can use to
> submit an email support request?
>
> Are you currently running Vista x64 or Vista x64 SP1? (Just a question, not
> a recommendation!)
>
> > This OS was a new install

> Explain, please. Had Vista x64 or Vista x64 SP1 ever been installed on this
> machine? If so, had you been able to install all security updates prior to
> the "new install"?
>
> Have you attempted to install KB953838 manually (in normal or Safe Mode)?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Eddy wrote:
> > I'm not having any luck with the Microsoft support. I can't submit an
> > e-mail support
> > request. This OS was a new install and I installed Kaspersky Internet
> > Security immediately after the OS. I also tried the clean boot using the
> > msconfig with no luck.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> @Eddy: The "third party service" could be a hijackware infection!

Re: error code 80070057
If you live in CA, you have free phone support. Repost:

====================
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB953838).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE [your does],
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

To download/install manually:

1. Save this download to your desktop:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-AB0517C5E7CF

2. OPTIONAL: Reboot into Safe Mode

3. Right-click on the saved file | Run as Administrator | Follow all
prompts.
--
~PA Bear