80070436 silicon image

Rodders Rodders

80070436 silicon image
Hi

I am getting the same error message for the same driver, did you ever manage to resolve the problem?

cgbates56 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 80070436 silicon image
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders Rodders View Post
Hi

I am getting the same error message for the same driver, did you ever manage to resolve the problem?
not as of this date (11-3-08)
realcestmoi

Re: 80070436 silicon image
Hi there,

Do not take drivers which are not intended for MS hardware for windows
update, take then if REALLY needed from the manufacturer.If it ain't broke
do not try to"FIX" it.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"cgbates56" <cgbates56.3ibm82@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Rodders Rodders;994099 Wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am getting the same error message for the same driver, did you ever
>> manage to resolve the problem?

> not as of this date (11-3-08)
>

> --
> cgbates56

spernoga

Re: 80070436 silicon image
I've had the same problem updating Vista on an Acer Aspire 5100 for two
weeks. Both the Windows Update and Silicon Image versions of the driver give
the same "The name is already in use..." error message. I haven't been able
to find a definitive explanation of what is happening or a fix in two weeks.
Since it mostly affects only 5100's I guess it's not important enough to look
into and fix. After the first time it attempted the update, it rendered my
machine useless with all the BSOD's and critical error message warnings. I
got the repair restarts and restores to stop by exlicitly loading Silicon
Image driver 1.0.62.0 dated 8/17/2007 and hiding the Windows Update driver
version 1.3.71.1. I thought it was strange too that the Silicon Image version
of the driver was older than the Windows Update version. Usually, they are a
couple of versions newer than the ones that have passed Windows Quality
Control.

Anybody from Microsoft, Acer, ATI or Silicon Image with the power to look
into what is going on to stop a nasty bug that has been recurring for years?
There's a handful of Aspire 5100 owners that would be in your debt.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Do not take drivers which are not intended for MS hardware for windows
> update, take then if REALLY needed from the manufacturer.If it ain't broke
> do not try to"FIX" it.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "cgbates56" <cgbates56.3ibm82@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Rodders Rodders;994099 Wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I am getting the same error message for the same driver, did you ever
> >> manage to resolve the problem?

> > not as of this date (11-3-08)
> >

> > --
> > cgbates56

realcestmoi

Re: 80070436 silicon image
Hi there,

Roll back on the driver and take the free advise.

Microsoft or other driver manufacturers are not monotoring here

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"spernoga" <spernoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had the same problem updating Vista on an Acer Aspire 5100 for two
> weeks. Both the Windows Update and Silicon Image versions of the driver
> give
> the same "The name is already in use..." error message. I haven't been
> able
> to find a definitive explanation of what is happening or a fix in two
> weeks.
> Since it mostly affects only 5100's I guess it's not important enough to
> look
> into and fix. After the first time it attempted the update, it rendered my
> machine useless with all the BSOD's and critical error message warnings. I
> got the repair restarts and restores to stop by exlicitly loading Silicon
> Image driver 1.0.62.0 dated 8/17/2007 and hiding the Windows Update driver
> version 1.3.71.1. I thought it was strange too that the Silicon Image
> version
> of the driver was older than the Windows Update version. Usually, they are
> couple of versions newer than the ones that have passed Windows Quality
> Control.
>
> Anybody from Microsoft, Acer, ATI or Silicon Image with the power to look
> into what is going on to stop a nasty bug that has been recurring for
> years?
> There's a handful of Aspire 5100 owners that would be in your debt.
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Do not take drivers which are not intended for MS hardware for windows
>> update, take then if REALLY needed from the manufacturer.If it ain't
>> broke
>> do not try to"FIX" it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>>
>> "cgbates56" <cgbates56.3ibm82@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message

>> > not as of this date (11-3-08)
>> >

>> > --
>> > cgbates56

cgbates56 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 80070436 silicon image
It's been over 2 weeks since I last heard from Microsoft, so my notebook continues to be a paperweight. Can you give me step by step instructions on how you corrected the problem on your computer. I am not a programmer, but have a little computer literacy. Thank you