Installing Windows XP SP3

do_not_reply1@mail.com

Installing Windows XP SP3
I've been resisting the installation of SP3 because I've used
automatic updates for all SP2 patches. However, many posts on this NG
offer sufficient reasons to accept SP3. At last count, I have 140
Knowledge Base updates in my Windows folder. To save space on my hard
drive, would it be acceptable to uninstall all these updates and then
install SP3? Does anyone know of any problems this would create? Of
course, I would back up my hard drive before trying this routine.
Thanks in advance for your help.
GS

Re: Installing Windows XP SP3
never mind the possibility of errors form uninstalling, just the hassle of
uninstalling some relevant bunch and reboot before proceed can be daunting
enough even if you are given some script to do the task.

it would seem to have required more effort than deleting all those
$NtUninstall folders since sp2, and logs, and may be a widows repair with
sp2 integrated disk, then reboot and apply sp3.

disk drive are cheap, I would only go as far deleting all the $NtUninstall
folders and the related kb log files, after chdsk.
then defrag befor applying sp3

See http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/