error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040

helleon

error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

Re: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
US & CA only:

"Please call 1-800-936-5700 (or 1-800-936-4900 and ask to be routed to the
SQL-Public Team) to open a free consumer support case. There is no charge
for support related to installing a Security Update.

"When you call please let them know that this has to do with Security
Bulletin MS08-040.

"If they try to charge you, please let them know that there is free support
for any issues with Security Updates."

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc180d9f9e71b9
and
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...beea74c983c1c6
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

helleon wrote:
> I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

helleon

Re: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
Thank you for the phone number. I have called before and they were unable to
help. I need some technical help. I tried the online chat and that was a
waste of time. Thanks .

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> US & CA only:
>
> "Please call 1-800-936-5700 (or 1-800-936-4900 and ask to be routed to the
> SQL-Public Team) to open a free consumer support case. There is no charge
> for support related to installing a Security Update.
>
> "When you call please let them know that this has to do with Security
> Bulletin MS08-040.
>
> "If they try to charge you, please let them know that there is free support
> for any issues with Security Updates."
>
> Source:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc180d9f9e71b9
> and
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...beea74c983c1c6
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> helleon wrote:
> > I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> > error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

Robert Aldwinckle

"helleon" <helleon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [Subject: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040]

>I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

Are you also posting as Lucy?

I gave that poster an answer to this question on Monday.

BTW always repeat the essential data from your Subject somewhere
in your post so that others can search it using either field. Not everyone
uses the web interface to newsgroups.

---

helleon

Re: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
Thanks for the reply. No, I am not Lucy. I did check the answer you gave her.
What does BTW stand for? How do I get to the SQL group? would you give me
the exact web address.
Thanks.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "helleon" <helleon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > [Subject: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040]

> >I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> > error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

> Are you also posting as Lucy?
>
> I gave that poster an answer to this question on Monday.
>
> BTW always repeat the essential data from your Subject somewhere
> in your post so that others can search it using either field. Not everyone
> uses the web interface to newsgroups.
>

> ---

heresgeo

RE: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
I had the same error a number of times. I then looked at the services that I
had running. I have AutoCAD on my machine and had disabled the Autodesk
Vault service, which is a feature that I never used and did not want loading
and running. However, it is the Microsoft SQL service on my machine, and
since it was disabled, it caused that update to fail with the 0x2B33 error
code.

I enabled and started both MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT and SQLAgent$AUTODESKVAULT.
Then I was able to run the update successfully.

To view the status of the services that are running on your machine click on
START, then RUN. Type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and click RUN.
Then look for any service that has MSSQL or SQLAgent in the name that are
disabled or stopped. Try enabling them and then starting them. The MSSQL
service needs to be started before anything that has the term "Agent" in the
name. The update should then install okay.

"helleon" wrote:

> I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

Bell

"heresgeo" wrote:

> I had the same error a number of times. I then looked at the services that I
> had running. I have AutoCAD on my machine and had disabled the Autodesk
> Vault service, which is a feature that I never used and did not want loading
> and running. However, it is the Microsoft SQL service on my machine, and
> since it was disabled, it caused that update to fail with the 0x2B33 error
> code.
>
> I enabled and started both MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT and SQLAgent$AUTODESKVAULT.
> Then I was able to run the update successfully.
>
> To view the status of the services that are running on your machine click on
> START, then RUN. Type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and click RUN.
> Then look for any service that has MSSQL or SQLAgent in the name that are
> disabled or stopped. Try enabling them and then starting them. The MSSQL
> service needs to be started before anything that has the term "Agent" in the
> name. The update should then install okay.
>
> "helleon" wrote:
>
> > I checked the error messages in the Microsoft help and could not find this
> > error code. I have tried 5 x to install, no luck. Any suggestions.??

Bell

RE: error code 0x2B33 for SQL server 2000 MS08-040
THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL!