Windows Explorer

sara1987

Windows Explorer
After system restoring my Windows XP i have lost my Windows Explorer and all
add ons. I just have a blank screen with two tool bars that i cannot use and
a tab with customize settings written on it. On top of that my computer will
not download a newer version from Microsoft it shows that its downloading but
never does !!!!
It wont let me contact Microsoft help and support or Update my Norton
Security but i still can use my Windows Messenger and Hotmail if i access it
using Safari. I cant even reverse the system restore or even run a new one
either its very strange and iv e run out of ideas. HELP
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TaurArian

Re: Windows Explorer
Please try a more appropriate Newsgroup for your problem - for example,
Windows XP General
Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"sara1987" <sara1987@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After system restoring my Windows XP i have lost my Windows Explorer and
> all
> add ons. I just have a blank screen with two tool bars that i cannot use
> and
> a tab with customize settings written on it. On top of that my computer
> will
> not download a newer version from Microsoft it shows that its downloading
> but
> never does !!!!
> It wont let me contact Microsoft help and support or Update my Norton
> Security but i still can use my Windows Messenger and Hotmail if i access
> it
> using Safari. I cant even reverse the system restore or even run a new one
> either its very strange and iv e run out of ideas. HELP
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wastingtime

RE: Windows Explorer
I downloaded SP3 yesterday, and now have no shortcut buttons on my taskbar;
can't move any buttons to the taskbar [quicklaunch] ; have no IE icon on my
desktop; have no" favorites " on the bottom right of my taskbar any more;
and I unlocked my taskbar and still can't put any icons there. I got on this
site to post a question, and the only way I can do so is in the form of a
reply! What the heck did this update do to my system? Sorry this is not an
answer to the post, but I don't know how else to get this in the discussion.

--
nongeek