Re: KB931836 Error Code 0x8007F0F4

Sick of microsoft

Re: KB931836 Error Code 0x8007F0F4
Wow how helpful, read, read, read, read, and one day you may be lucky enough
to get microsoft working on you computer, If not you can always just get a
masters in computer science, it's so nice to have such a constant pain in the
***.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 0x8007F0F4 Setup cannot continue because one or more pre-requisites
> required to install failed. For More details check the Log File.
> Update.exe can throw this error when it starts to download if the
> computer is running under battery power (there may be a fix for this in
> the future).
>
> OK, which Log File is that a reference to ?
> At the very top of KB931836 it states:
>
> > Important The update that is described in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article has been
> > replaced by the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 933360.
> > To make sure that Microsoft Windows has the latest time zone data, install the update
> > that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 933360.

> Do the 'Genuine Dance' first, then download KB933360 from here and SAVE it:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...A-41C52F636ED5
>
> When the download completes close the browser and any other open programs.
> Now install WindowsXP-KB933360-x86-ENU.exe
> The system may need to be restarted. Suggest you restart it anyway
> whether prompted to or not after KB933360's installation.
>
> > *Note* When you apply this update, you may receive the following message:
> > Update cannot be installed as a newer or same time zone update has already been installed
> > on the system.
> > This message indicates that you have already applied the correct update or that Windows
> > Updates or Microsoft Update has automatically installed this update. No additional action
> > is required to update the Windows operating system software.

> IF the above message appears than the system is updated sufficently and
> no further time zone updates are needed. In that case, if KB928388 is
> reoffered, click the Automatic Update icon on the Task Bar, UNcheck the
> box next to, click OK, and the put a check mark in the box next to
> " Do not show me these updates again " Click OK
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> desertdarlene wrote:
>
> > I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with 1.49GHZ processor. I keep
> > getting this update reappearing and then failing to download and install. I
> > tried looking for the earlier update KB928388 and I can't find it on my
> > computer. I don't know if it makes difference.

Re: KB931836 Error Code 0x8007F0F4
Keep reading...

Sick of microsoft wrote:
> Wow how helpful, read, read, read, read, and one day you may be lucky
> enough
> to get microsoft working on you computer, If not you can always just get
> masters in computer science, it's so nice to have such a constant pain in
> the ***.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 0x8007F0F4 Setup cannot continue because one or more pre-requisites
>> required to install failed. For More details check the Log File.
>> Update.exe can throw this error when it starts to download if the
>> computer is running under battery power (there may be a fix for this in
>> the future).
>>
>> OK, which Log File is that a reference to ?
>> At the very top of KB931836 it states:
>>
>>> Important The update that is described in this Microsoft Knowledge Base
>>> article has been replaced by the update that is described in Microsoft
>>> Knowledge Base article 933360.
>>> To make sure that Microsoft Windows has the latest time zone data,
>>> install the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
>>> 933360.

>> Do the 'Genuine Dance' first, then download KB933360 from here and SAVE
>> it:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...A-41C52F636ED5
>>
>> When the download completes close the browser and any other open
>> programs.
>> Now install WindowsXP-KB933360-x86-ENU.exe
>> The system may need to be restarted. Suggest you restart it anyway
>> whether prompted to or not after KB933360's installation.
>>
>>> *Note* When you apply this update, you may receive the following
>>> message:
>>> Update cannot be installed as a newer or same time zone update has
>>> already been installed on the system.
>>> This message indicates that you have already applied the correct update
>>> or that Windows Updates or Microsoft Update has automatically installed
>>> this update. No additional action is required to update the Windows
>>> operating system software.

>> IF the above message appears than the system is updated sufficently and
>> no further time zone updates are needed. In that case, if KB928388 is
>> reoffered, click the Automatic Update icon on the Task Bar, UNcheck the
>> box next to, click OK, and the put a check mark in the box next to
>> " Do not show me these updates again " Click OK
>>
>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
>> ===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>

>> desertdarlene wrote:
>>
>>> I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with 1.49GHZ processor. I keep
>>> getting this update reappearing and then failing to download and
>>> install.
>>> tried looking for the earlier update KB928388 and I can't find it on my
>>> computer. I don't know if it makes difference.

Jim

> Keep reading...
>
> Sick of microsoft wrote:
>> Wow how helpful, read, read, read, read, and one day you may be lucky
>> enough
>> to get microsoft working on you computer, If not you can always just get
>> masters in computer science, it's so nice to have such a constant pain in
>> the ***.
>>
>> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> 0x8007F0F4 Setup cannot continue because one or more pre-requisites
>>> required to install failed. For More details check the Log File.
>>> Update.exe can throw this error when it starts to download if the
>>> computer is running under battery power (there may be a fix for this in
>>> the future).
>>>
>>> OK, which Log File is that a reference to ?
>>> At the very top of KB931836 it states:

>>> Do the 'Genuine Dance' first, then download KB933360 from here and SAVE
>>> it:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...A-41C52F636ED5
>>>
>>> When the download completes close the browser and any other open
>>> programs.
>>> Now install WindowsXP-KB933360-x86-ENU.exe
>>> The system may need to be restarted. Suggest you restart it anyway
>>> whether prompted to or not after KB933360's installation.

>>> IF the above message appears than the system is updated sufficently and
>>> no further time zone updates are needed. In that case, if KB928388 is
>>> reoffered, click the Automatic Update icon on the Task Bar, UNcheck the
>>> box next to, click OK, and the put a check mark in the box next to
>>> " Do not show me these updates again " Click OK
>>>
>>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
>>> *-343-* FDNY
>>> Never Forgotten

Yes, MS is soooo bad. It took me two whole days to get my desktop running
like I want.
It took me less than an hour to get my laptop running like I want.
im