security update KB954156

Sheryl

security update KB954156
Windows XP SP3

tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
install it fails

HELP
Anne

RE: security update KB954156

"Sheryl" wrote:

> Windows XP SP3
>
> tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
> error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
> file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
> install it fails
>
> HELP

I am having the same problem any help would be much appreciated
pinknightmare

RE: security update KB954156
Me too!

"Anne" wrote:

> "Sheryl" wrote:
>
> > Windows XP SP3
> >
> > tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
> > error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
> > file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
> > install it fails
> >
> > HELP

> I am having the same problem any help would be much appreciated

smiles_ny

RE: security update KB954156
Hello,I had same and i read ULguy post and did it and it fixed mine ..go to
Windows updates page and in search put in Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
....will ask you to validate your computer ,then a download button appears and
click download the " Media Encoder 9 Series " as posted here by ULguy said
to do ,then go back and try the KB954156 Update for Security Update for
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series For Windows Xp (KB954156) again,,,,,,i did
this and the update went thru fine that time ! hope it works for you all too.

"pinknightmare" wrote:

> Me too!
>
> "Anne" wrote:
>

> > "Sheryl" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows XP SP3
> > >
> > > tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
> > > error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
> > > file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
> > > install it fails
> > >
> > > HELP

> > I am having the same problem any help would be much appreciated

Sheryl

RE: security update KB954156
thanks lots, worked like a charm much appreciated

"smiles_ny" wrote:

> Hello,I had same and i read ULguy post and did it and it fixed mine ..go to
> Windows updates page and in search put in Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
> ...will ask you to validate your computer ,then a download button appears and
> click download the " Media Encoder 9 Series " as posted here by ULguy said
> to do ,then go back and try the KB954156 Update for Security Update for
> Windows Media Encoder 9 Series For Windows Xp (KB954156) again,,,,,,i did
> this and the update went thru fine that time ! hope it works for you all too.
>
> "pinknightmare" wrote:
>
> > Me too!

> > > I am having the same problem any help would be much appreciated

david

RE: security update KB954156
1.download and install
2.then install Media Encoder 9 Series for Windows XP (KB954156) it is working
ermand46
--
ermand46

"Sheryl" wrote:

> Windows XP SP3
>
> tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
> error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
> file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
> install it fails
>
> HELP

david

"Anne" wrote:

> "Sheryl" wrote:
>
> > Windows XP SP3
> >
> > tried to download JSCRIPT V5.7 says that I already have it, still getting
> > error 0x8007F0F4, I'm using IE7 as well, all other updates are in place, the
> > file is downloaded on my pc waiting to be installed and everytime I try to
> > install it fails
> >
> > HELP

> I am having the same problem any help would be much appreciated

Harry Johnston [MVP]

david wrote:

> 1.download and install
> 2.then install Media Encoder 9 Series for Windows XP (KB954156) it is working

This shouldn't be necessary. Microsoft has advised us that the underlying
problem has been fixed, and the update should no longer be offered to systems it
isn't applicable to.

Harry.
Harry Johnston [MVP]