Sound problem!

Gareth

Sound problem!
Hi i have a Desktop Compaq Presario i got it last year the last few weeks i
have had no sound coming from it when i play my tunes or vids etc nothing at
all my speakers are plugged in ok and work fine because i use them for my
ipod to.
I have checked all the drivers and thay say there working fine basicly to
look at everything says the sound should work ok.

Please can someone help i dont no what else to do its driving me nuts.

Thank You.

Re: Sound problem!
Contact HP/Compaq Support.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gareth wrote:
> Hi i have a Desktop Compaq Presario i got it last year the last few weeks
> have had no sound coming from it when i play my tunes or vids etc nothing
> at
> all my speakers are plugged in ok and work fine because i use them for my
> ipod to.
> I have checked all the drivers and thay say there working fine basicly to
> look at everything says the sound should work ok.
>
> Please can someone help i dont no what else to do its driving me nuts.
>
> Thank You.

Shenan Stanley

Re: Sound problem!
Gareth wrote:
> I have a Desktop Compaq Presario i got it last year the last few
> weeks i have had no sound coming from it when i play my tunes or
> vids etc nothing at all my speakers are plugged in ok and work fine
> because i use them for my ipod to.
> I have checked all the drivers and thay say there working fine
> basicly to look at everything says the sound should work ok.
>
> Please can someone help i dont no what else to do its driving me
> nuts.

Could be the audio-out port.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Anne

RE: Sound problem!

"Gareth" wrote:

> Hi i have a Desktop Compaq Presario i got it last year the last few weeks i
> have had no sound coming from it when i play my tunes or vids etc nothing at
> all my speakers are plugged in ok and work fine because i use them for my
> ipod to.
> I have checked all the drivers and thay say there working fine basicly to
> look at everything says the sound should work ok.

> Please can someone help i dont no what else to do its driving me nuts.
>
> Thank You.

I also have a Compaq Presario which I bought about the same time from PC
World. I also have had no sound for the last week or so, I have tried
everything but nothing has worked. I am unable to successfully update a
media instalation and wonder if this is the problem?