KB947742-KB947748 fail to install

lester

KB947742-KB947748 fail to install
Both updates fail to install from September auto update.
System is Win2kpro sp4

KB947742 error code Ox64C

KB947748 error code Ox8007064C

I remember issues with similar updates recently, are these related?

Re: KB947742-KB947748 fail to install
See Known Issues sections of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947742 and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947748

1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
go uninstalling/removing any of them!

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
====================================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB947742).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

lester wrote:
> Both updates fail to install from September auto update.
> System is Win2kpro sp4
>
> KB947742 error code Ox64C
>
> KB947748 error code Ox8007064C
>
> I remember issues with similar updates recently, are these related?

Lee

RE: KB947742-KB947748 fail to install
I'm having the same problem on Win2K Advanced Server. I tried downloading
the updates and running them manually. I got an error:

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
source exists and that you can access it.

It appears that the problem may be with the installer.

"lester" wrote:

> Both updates fail to install from September auto update.
> System is Win2kpro sp4
>
> KB947742 error code Ox64C
>
> KB947748 error code Ox8007064C
>
> I remember issues with similar updates recently, are these related?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: KB947742-KB947748 fail to install
It appears that a registry or disk cleanup tool may have been used since
the installer can not locate the original installation source files.
If either of those tools were run suggest you use a backup of same to
restore the installation info required for the update to install.

If not, see PABear's previous post in this thread.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten