error code 8024e001

cmge

error code 8024e001
¿Can anybody help me with the error code 8024e001, that appears each time i
try to search for updates? ¿does it have anything to do with registries and
all that?
The system that i am using is Windows Vista (without sp1), the antivirus is
Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. Bye.

Re: error code 8024e001
0x8024e001 WU_E_EE_UNKNOWN_EXPRESSION
an expression handler was passed an expression that it doesn't know about

Are you updating via WSUS?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

cmge wrote:
> ¿Can anybody help me with the error code 8024e001, that appears each time
> try to search for updates? ¿does it have anything to do with registries
> and
> all that?
> The system that i am using is Windows Vista (without sp1), the antivirus
> is
> Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. Bye.

Masure

RE: error code 8024e001
I've got the same !
I found nothing
I try to update Windows Vista via Windows Update and I got this error...
I don't use WSUS, I'll try...
cmge

Re: error code 8024e001
Am I updating via WSUS?
No. The computer is inside a Network, but it doesn't update via WSUS.

More details on how all this came up:
Recently (Sep/05), the antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
said that it had found a trojan [TROJ_Generic.ADV] in my laptop
[Toshiba Satellite Pro] and that, in order to completely eliminate it,
it had to restart. It's then when all the crashes came over. I could
only start Windows under secure mode. I run trend Micro IS-2008
in the MS-DOS prompt and made a good cleaning, I guess... After this,
reading some forums, I learned that Trend Micro made a mistake,
and what thought was a trojan, in fact, it wasn't. But the cleaning was
done! and with it many registries were gone. That's why in my first
message I asked whether all this mess has to do with some
missing registries.

Thanks for trying to help me out!

Re: error code 8024e001
[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0, or other
appropriate forums for review by an expert in such matters, not here.**

cmge wrote:
> Am I updating via WSUS?
> No. The computer is inside a Network, but it doesn't update via WSUS.
>
> More details on how all this came up:
> Recently (Sep/05), the antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
> said that it had found a trojan [TROJ_Generic.ADV] in my laptop
> [Toshiba Satellite Pro] and that, in order to completely eliminate it,
> it had to restart. It's then when all the crashes came over. I could
> only start Windows under secure mode. I run trend Micro IS-2008
> in the MS-DOS prompt and made a good cleaning, I guess... After this,
> reading some forums, I learned that Trend Micro made a mistake,
> and what thought was a trojan, in fact, it wasn't. But the cleaning was
> done! and with it many registries were gone. That's why in my first
> message I asked whether all this mess has to do with some
> missing registries.
>
> Thanks for trying to help me out!

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> 0x8024e001 WU_E_EE_UNKNOWN_EXPRESSION
> an expression handler was passed an expression that it doesn't know about
>
> Are you updating via WSUS?
>
> cmge wrote:
>> ¿Can anybody help me with the error code 8024e001, that appears each time
>> try to search for updates? ¿does it have anything to do with registries
>> and
>> all that?
>> The system that i am using is Windows Vista (without sp1), the antivirus
>> is
>> Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. Bye.

</paste>