Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles

Caco

Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles
I have recently installed a copy of XP64. I have tried to access the update
site and get the following message:
"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options: Read more about steps you can take to resolve this
problem (error number 0x80072EE2) yourself."

I have followed the steps on there to no avail.
I have tried downloading the "Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
(KB901105)" but every time i click on download it says "The page cannot be
displayed"

Any ideas?

Re: Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles
You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Caco wrote:
> I have recently installed a copy of XP64. I have tried to access the
> update
> site and get the following message:
> "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> For self-help options: Read more about steps you can take to resolve this
> problem (error number 0x80072EE2) yourself."
>
> I have followed the steps on there to no avail.
> I have tried downloading the "Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
> (KB901105)" but every time i click on download it says "The page cannot be
> displayed"
>
> Any ideas?

Caco

Re: Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles
I have not had any sucess with any of those steps which I had previously tried.
I have disabled my firewall, I am not running a proxy server, and I have
not installed any third party anti-virus software programmes yet.
I have added Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site to
the Trusted Sites list. BITS says it is current
I have also gone through all the posts I thought weere relevant and still no
success.

The part were I cannot download any updates from my PC has me confused. It
only happens on the MS pages. I was able to download and install Java with
no issues.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Caco wrote:
> > I have recently installed a copy of XP64. I have tried to access the
> > update
> > site and get the following message:
> > "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> > problem.
> > For self-help options: Read more about steps you can take to resolve this
> > problem (error number 0x80072EE2) yourself."
> >
> > I have followed the steps on there to no avail.
> > I have tried downloading the "Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
> > (KB901105)" but every time i click on download it says "The page cannot be
> > displayed"
> >
> > Any ideas?

Re: Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles
CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Tip: Start with Resolution Method 2.

Caco wrote:
> I have not had any sucess with any of those steps which I had previously
> tried. I have disabled my firewall, I am not running a proxy server, and
> have
> not installed any third party anti-virus software programmes yet.
> I have added Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site to
> the Trusted Sites list. BITS says it is current
> I have also gone through all the posts I thought weere relevant and still
> no
> success.
>
> The part were I cannot download any updates from my PC has me confused.
> It
> only happens on the MS pages. I was able to download and install Java
> with
> no issues.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
>> Windows
>> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Caco wrote:
>>> I have recently installed a copy of XP64. I have tried to access the
>>> update
>>> site and get the following message:
>>> "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
>>> are
>>> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
>>> problem.
>>> For self-help options: Read more about steps you can take to resolve
>>> this
>>> problem (error number 0x80072EE2) yourself."
>>>
>>> I have followed the steps on there to no avail.
>>> I have tried downloading the "Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
>>> (KB901105)" but every time i click on download it says "The page cannot
>>> be
>>> displayed"
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

Calion

Re: Cannot access microsoft update or download from kb articles

Okay, but listing addresses of Microsoft support articles is not very
helpful when I can't access Microsoft's support site. Another option,
please?

--
Calion
Calion's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/calion.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Gordon

"Calion" <Calion.3izlnc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Okay, but listing addresses of Microsoft support articles is not very
> helpful when I can't access Microsoft's support site. Another option,
> please?

As you've not quoted ANYTHING, why can't you access MS support sites? What
happens when you try?