Outlook 6 and Service Pack 3

Bubba

Outlook 6 and Service Pack 3
I just installed SP3 and now my outgoing mail does not connect to
send....stays in connect mode until failure window opens. Incoming is just
fine. Any ideas? I cannot reload OE6 I wil llose all my files in it.
Thanks for any help in advance...Bubba
Peter Foldes

Re: Outlook 6 and Service Pack 3
What is the error message shown. Can you post it in it's entirety

--
Peter

"Bubba" <Bubba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42865935-D43F-453B-BE2B-2678EF838BF6@microsoft.com...
>I just installed SP3 and now my outgoing mail does not connect to
> send....stays in connect mode until failure window opens. Incoming is just
> fine. Any ideas? I cannot reload OE6 I wil llose all my files in it.
> Thanks for any help in advance...Bubba

Re: Outlook 6 and Service Pack 3
[X-post to OE General]

Assuming you're referring to Outlook Express...

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

<QP>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</QP>
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bubba wrote:
> I just installed SP3 and now my outgoing mail does not connect to
> send....stays in connect mode until failure window opens. Incoming is
> just
> fine. Any ideas? I cannot reload OE6 I wil llose all my files in it.
> Thanks for any help in advance...Bubba

hs