Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
I am having the same problem. I followed your instructions but my file
location is C:\Prefetch\windowsupdateagent30-X86.EXE-161AFEDO.pf I am not
able to open and modify the file. Any suggestions? Thanks!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 0x800706BE RPC_S_CALL_FAILED
>
> Download and save the latest version of the Windows Update Agent:
>
> For 32-bit Windows versions [Win 2K, XP, Vista]
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x86.exe
>
> For 64-bit Windows versions
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x64.exe
>
> After the download is completed, close the browser and any other open
> programs.
> *TEMPORARILY* disable the installed antivirus software from real time
> monitoring of the system. Consult the Help file of the installed AV or
> visit the manufacturer's web site for details on how to do so.
>
> Now run WindowsUpdateAgent30-xXX.exe [XX is for either the 32 or 64 bit
> Windows version installed]
>
> *REENABLE* the AV software so that real time monitoring is Enabled
>
> Did that resolve the issue ?
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
>
> Craig wrote:
>
> > Hi - I also have the "wuauclt.exe encountered a problem...." etc error
> > message when Automatic Updates are enabled, and Automatic updates
> > fail....could not access the page...I get the error number "0x800706BE".
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can fix this?
> > thanks

>

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Rick wrote:

> I am having the same problem. I followed your instructions but my file
> location is C:\Prefetch\windowsupdateagent30-X86.EXE-161AFEDO.pf I am not
> able to open and modify the file. Any suggestions? Thanks!


I suspect that means the file has not finished downloading yet.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
I downloaded the file to my desktop. Closed all programs and double clicked
the icon. I got the message that it was already installed. I searched for
the file location and found it as noted below?

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem. I followed your instructions but my file
> > location is C:\Prefetch\windowsupdateagent30-X86.EXE-161AFEDO.pf I am not
> > able to open and modify the file. Any suggestions? Thanks!

>
> I suspect that means the file has not finished downloading yet.
>
> Harry.
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Rick wrote:

> I downloaded the file to my desktop. Closed all programs and double clicked
> the icon. I got the message that it was already installed. I searched for
> the file location and found it as noted below?


Ah, my mistake. That's an interim copy of the file used by Windows, just ignore it.

Move the downloaded file from the desktop to the top of the C: drive.

Then go to the Start Menu, select Run, type "cmd /k
c:\windowsupdateagent-x86.exe /wuforce" (without the quote marks) and press OK.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Harry,
I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent. The command
worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine, but when
it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to continue. I
also closed all programs and my AV software before initializing the command.
I appears to be getting worse as I used to only clear 10 or 15 error
messages. As soon as I go to the windows update page I get bombarded with
the error messages again. I appreciate your assistance with this annoying
problem.

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
> > I downloaded the file to my desktop. Closed all programs and double clicked
> > the icon. I got the message that it was already installed. I searched for
> > the file location and found it as noted below?

>
> Ah, my mistake. That's an interim copy of the file used by Windows, just ignore it.
>
> Move the downloaded file from the desktop to the top of the C: drive.
>
> Then go to the Start Menu, select Run, type "cmd /k
> c:\windowsupdateagent-x86.exe /wuforce" (without the quote marks) and press OK.
>
> Harry.
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Rick wrote:

> I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent.


Ahem. Yes, that's right. Apparently I wasn't having a good brain day yesterday.

> The command
> worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine, but when
> it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to continue. I
> also closed all programs and my AV software before initializing the command.


Please post the last hundred or so lines from WindowsUpdate.log, which you can
open by going to the Start Menu, selecting Run, typing "WindowsUpdate.log"
(without the quotes) and pressing OK.

At this point I'm inclined to think your machine is infected (or otherwise
seriously stuffed up) but let's see if the log shows anything useful before
jumping to conclusions.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Requested log file

2008-09-10 21:18:40:953 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredUpdates: GetSession failed with
0x80248011.
2008-09-10 21:18:55:578 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:19:03:296 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac Agent WARNING: WU client fails
CClientCallRecorder::EnumerateService with error 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:19:10:953 2236 77c COMAPI WARNING:
ISusInternal::EnumerateService failed, hr=80248011
2008-09-10 21:47:40:562 1276 274 AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2008-09-10 21:47:40:562 1276 274 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2008-09-10 21:47:40:562 1276 274 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2008-09-11 01:47:40
2008-09-10 21:47:49:218 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:47:56:281 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 Agent WARNING: GetServiceList failed with
error 0x80248011.
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 AU WARNING: QueryRegisteredProvider failed
with error 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Every
day at 3:00
2008-09-10 21:48:02:609 1276 274 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2008-09-10 21:48:08:875 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:48:15:156 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU FATAL: Failed to get session from
datastore, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU FATAL: Failed to Unserialize from data
store, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU # WARNING: Exit code = 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU WARNING: InitAUComponents Failed, will
restart AU in 30 mins, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-10 21:48:21:984 1276 274 AU AU Restart required....
2008-09-10 22:11:18:921 2400 9ac Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.2.6001.784, tz: -0400) ===========
2008-09-10 22:11:18:921 2400 9ac Misc = Process: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
2008-09-10 22:11:18:921 2400 9ac Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2008-09-10 22:11:18:921 2400 9ac Shutdwn Install at shutdown: no updates to
install
2008-09-10 22:11:18:921 2400 9ac Shutdwn FATAL: WUCheckForUpdatesAtShutdown
failed, hr=80080005
2008-09-10 22:14:13:515 932 de0 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.2.6001.784, tz: -0400) ===========
2008-09-10 22:14:13:515 932 de0 Misc = Process:
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
2008-09-10 22:14:13:515 932 de0 Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2008-09-10 22:14:13:515 932 de0 Shutdwn FATAL: WUAutoUpdateAtShutdown
failed, hr=80080005
2008-09-10 22:14:16:593 1276 274 AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2008-09-10 22:14:16:703 1276 274 Service *********
2008-09-10 22:14:16:703 1276 274 Service ** END ** Service: Service exit
[Exit code = 0x240001]
2008-09-10 22:14:16:703 1276 274 Service *************
2008-09-11 15:54:47:656 1276 2b4 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.2.6001.784, tz: -0400) ===========
2008-09-11 15:54:47:703 1276 2b4 Misc = Process:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
2008-09-11 15:54:47:703 1276 2b4 Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2008-09-11 15:54:47:656 1276 2b4 Service *************
2008-09-11 15:54:47:703 1276 2b4 Service ** START ** Service: Service startup
2008-09-11 15:54:47:703 1276 2b4 Service *********
2008-09-11 15:54:49:937 1276 2b4 Misc Registering binary:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll"
2008-09-11 15:54:51:140 1276 2b4 Misc Registering binary:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll"
2008-09-11 15:54:51:390 1276 2b4 Misc Registering binary:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll"
2008-09-11 15:54:51:843 1276 2b4 Agent * WU client version 7.2.6001.784
2008-09-11 15:54:51:859 1276 2b4 Agent * Base directory:
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution
2008-09-11 15:54:51:859 1276 2b4 Agent * Access type: No proxy
2008-09-11 15:54:51:859 1276 2b4 Agent * Network state: Disconnected
2008-09-11 15:57:02:140 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:07:921 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:13:515 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:13:515 1276 2b4 Report WARNING: Failed to query for service
properties: 80248011
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
Windows Update Agent ***********
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
global settings cache ***********
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent * WSUS server: <NULL>
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent * WSUS status server: <NULL>
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent * Target group: (Unassigned
Computers)
2008-09-11 15:57:13:546 1276 2b4 Agent * Windows Update access disabled: No
2008-09-11 15:57:19:281 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:24:546 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:30:265 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:30:265 1276 2b4 DnldMgr Download manager restoring 0
downloads
2008-09-11 15:57:30:281 1276 2b4 Agent * Failed to load persisted download
calls, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:57:36:046 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:41:984 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:47:640 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:47:640 1276 2b4 Agent WARNING:
DeleteVolatileServices::GetServiceList failed with 0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:57:53:312 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:57:59:171 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:05:140 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:05:140 1276 2b4 DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager::RestoreDownloadJobs: GetSession failed with
0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:58:05:156 1276 2b4 DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager:elayedInit: RestoreDownloadJobs failed with
0x00000000.
2008-09-11 15:58:05:171 1276 2b4 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2008-09-11 15:58:05:171 1276 2b4 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2008-09-11 19:58:05
2008-09-11 15:58:10:968 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:16:578 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 Agent WARNING: GetServiceList failed with
error 0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 AU WARNING: QueryRegisteredProvider failed
with error 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Every
day at 3:00
2008-09-11 15:58:22:203 1276 2b4 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2008-09-11 15:58:27:734 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:33:328 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:39:015 1276 2b4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:39:015 1276 2b4 AU FATAL: Failed to get session from
datastore, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:58:39:015 1276 2b4 AU FATAL: Failed to Unserialize from data
store, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:58:39:015 1276 2b4 AU # WARNING: Exit code = 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:58:39:031 1276 2b4 AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2008-09-11 15:58:39:046 1276 2b4 AU WARNING: InitAUComponents Failed, will
restart AU in 30 mins, error = 0x80248011
2008-09-11 15:58:39:046 1276 2b4 AU AU Restart required....
2008-09-11 15:58:40:250 1276 2b4 Report *********** Report: Initializing
static reporting data ***********
2008-09-11 15:58:40:250 1276 2b4 Report * OS Version = 5.1.2600.2.0.65792
2008-09-11 15:58:40:296 1276 2b4 Report * Computer Brand = Dell Computer
Corporation
2008-09-11 15:58:40:296 1276 2b4 Report * Computer Model = Dimension 4550

2008-09-11 15:58:40:328 1276 2b4 Report * Bios Revision = A05
2008-09-11 15:58:40:328 1276 2b4 Report * Bios Name = Default System BIOS
2008-09-11 15:58:40:328 1276 2b4 Report * Bios Release Date =
2003-01-27T00:00:00
2008-09-11 15:58:40:328 1276 2b4 Report * Locale ID = 1033
2008-09-11 15:58:46:093 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:51:515 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:57:109 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:58:57:109 1276 fcc DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager::CheckAllCallDownloadStat es: GetSession failed with
0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:59:02:781 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:08:640 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:14:312 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:14:312 1276 fcc DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredFiles: GetSession failed with
0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:59:19:875 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:26:031 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:31:859 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 15:59:31:859 1276 fcc DnldMgr FATAL:
DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredUpdates: GetSession failed with
0x80248011.
2008-09-11 15:59:31:875 1276 fcc Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload
events with hr = 8024000c.
2008-09-11 15:59:31:875 1276 fcc Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload
events with hr = 8024000c.
2008-09-11 16:00:51:531 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:00:57:609 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:03:640 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:03:640 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:03:640 1276 fcc PT WARNING: Initialization failed for
Protocol Talker Context: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:09:609 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:15:515 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:21:437 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:21:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:21:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: Initialization failed for
Protocol Talker Context: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:21:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:21:437 1276 fcc Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload
events with hr = 80248011.
2008-09-11 16:01:27:359 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:33:296 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:39:265 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:39:265 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:39:265 1276 fcc PT WARNING: Initialization failed for
Protocol Talker Context: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:45:171 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:51:109 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:57:437 1276 fcc DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
2008-09-11 16:01:57:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:57:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: Initialization failed for
Protocol Talker Context: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:57:437 1276 fcc PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80248011
2008-09-11 16:01:57:437 1276 fcc Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload
events with hr = 80248011.


"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
> > I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent.

>
> Ahem. Yes, that's right. Apparently I wasn't having a good brain day yesterday.
>
> > The command
> > worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine, but when
> > it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to continue. I
> > also closed all programs and my AV software before initializing the command.

>
> Please post the last hundred or so lines from WindowsUpdate.log, which you can
> open by going to the Start Menu, selecting Run, typing "WindowsUpdate.log"
> (without the quotes) and pressing OK.
>
> At this point I'm inclined to think your machine is infected (or otherwise
> seriously stuffed up) but let's see if the log shows anything useful before
> jumping to conclusions.
>
> Harry.
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1).

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
(if any)?

See
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
and/or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rick wrote:
> Requested log file
>
> 2008-09-10 21:18:40:953 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DnldMgr FATAL:
> DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredUpdates: GetSession failed with
> 0x80248011.
> 2008-09-10 21:18:55:578 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> 2008-09-10 21:19:03:296 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac Agent WARNING: WU client fails
> CClientCallRecorder::EnumerateService with error 0x80248011
> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:953 2236 77c COMAPI WARNING:
> ISusInternal::EnumerateService failed, hr=80248011

<snip>
>
> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Rick wrote:
>>> I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent.

>>
>> Ahem. Yes, that's right. Apparently I wasn't having a good brain day
>> yesterday.
>>
>>> The command
>>> worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine, but
>>> when it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to
>>> continue. I also closed all programs and my AV software before
>>> initializing the command.

>>
>> Please post the last hundred or so lines from WindowsUpdate.log, which
>> you
>> can open by going to the Start Menu, selecting Run, typing
>> "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the quotes) and pressing OK.
>>
>> At this point I'm inclined to think your machine is infected (or
>> otherwise
>> seriously stuffed up) but let's see if the log shows anything useful
>> before
>> jumping to conclusions.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
WinXP Pro, Ver. 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
Norton AntiVirus 360

FYI,
When wuauclt.exe error window appears, the wuauclt.exe pricess is running in
the task manager. If I disable automatic updates from local services, the
error continues to pop up and the wuauclt.exe still shows up in the processes
running window. If I disable automatic updates, shouldn't that keep the
wuauclt.exe process from starting?


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1).
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)?
>
> See
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
> and/or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Rick wrote:
> > Requested log file
> >
> > 2008-09-10 21:18:40:953 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> > process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> > 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> > process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> > 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DnldMgr FATAL:
> > DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredUpdates: GetSession failed with
> > 0x80248011.
> > 2008-09-10 21:18:55:578 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> > process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> > 2008-09-10 21:19:03:296 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> > process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> > 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc datastore
> > process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
> > 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac Agent WARNING: WU client fails
> > CClientCallRecorder::EnumerateService with error 0x80248011
> > 2008-09-10 21:19:10:953 2236 77c COMAPI WARNING:
> > ISusInternal::EnumerateService failed, hr=80248011

> <snip>
> >
> > "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Rick wrote:
> >>> I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent.
> >>
> >> Ahem. Yes, that's right. Apparently I wasn't having a good brain day
> >> yesterday.
> >>
> >>> The command
> >>> worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine, but
> >>> when it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to
> >>> continue. I also closed all programs and my AV software before
> >>> initializing the command.
> >>
> >> Please post the last hundred or so lines from WindowsUpdate.log, which
> >> you
> >> can open by going to the Start Menu, selecting Run, typing
> >> "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the quotes) and pressing OK.
> >>
> >> At this point I'm inclined to think your machine is infected (or
> >> otherwise
> >> seriously stuffed up) but let's see if the log shows anything useful
> >> before
> >> jumping to conclusions.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: wuauclt.exe problem and 0x800706BE error
Full thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...602b6a679f35fb

> ...If I disable automatic updates, shouldn't that
> keep the wuauclt.exe process from starting?


Yes, unless N360's "system protections" are re-enabling Automatic Updates
service.

What version of N360 is installed (e.g., N360 2008)? How long as it been
installed? Did you upgrade from an earlier Norton application (e.g., NIS
2007; NAV 2006)?

Has the machine ever been connected to the internet recently without an
anti-virus application installed?

N360 includes a firewall: Is the Windows Firewall also enabled?

You first posted to this thread on 09 September: Was this a sudden, new
problem? Has Automatic Updates ever worked on this machine? By any chance
had you recently had occasion to do a Repair Install or a Clean Install of
WinXP?
--
~PA Bear


Rick wrote:
> WinXP Pro, Ver. 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
> Norton AntiVirus 360
>
> FYI,
> When wuauclt.exe error window appears, the wuauclt.exe pricess is running
> in
> the task manager. If I disable automatic updates from local services, the
> error continues to pop up and the wuauclt.exe still shows up in the
> processes running window. If I disable automatic updates, shouldn't that
> keep the wuauclt.exe process from starting?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1).
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)?
>>
>> See
>> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>> and/or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Rick wrote:
>>> Requested log file
>>>
>>> 2008-09-10 21:18:40:953 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc
>>> datastore
>>> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc
>>> datastore
>>> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:18:47:343 1276 7c4 DnldMgr FATAL:
>>> DM:CAgentDownloadManager::PurgeExpiredUpdates: GetSession failed with
>>> 0x80248011.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:18:55:578 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc
>>> datastore
>>> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:19:03:296 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc
>>> datastore
>>> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac DtaStor FATAL: DS: Out of proc
>>> datastore
>>> process exited with error 0xc0000005 before signalling ready event.
>>> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:937 1276 7ac Agent WARNING: WU client fails
>>> CClientCallRecorder::EnumerateService with error 0x80248011
>>> 2008-09-10 21:19:10:953 2236 77c COMAPI WARNING:
>>> ISusInternal::EnumerateService failed, hr=80248011

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Rick wrote:
>>>>> I followed your instructions, but had to add "30" after agent.
>>>>
>>>> Ahem. Yes, that's right. Apparently I wasn't having a good brain day
>>>> yesterday.
>>>>
>>>>> The command
>>>>> worked and I was able to execute the file. I rebooted the machine,
>>>>> but
>>>>> when it restarted I had to clear 35 wuauclt.exe problem windows to
>>>>> continue. I also closed all programs and my AV software before
>>>>> initializing the command.
>>>>
>>>> Please post the last hundred or so lines from WindowsUpdate.log, which
>>>> you
>>>> can open by going to the Start Menu, selecting Run, typing
>>>> "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the quotes) and pressing OK.
>>>>
>>>> At this point I'm inclined to think your machine is infected (or
>>>> otherwise
>>>> seriously stuffed up) but let's see if the log shows anything useful
>>>> before
>>>> jumping to conclusions.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: wuauclt.exe has encountered a problem... SithMonkey7 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 18 10-26-2009 21:32
Error 0x800706BE. Reinstalling. Adam Bizuk microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 09-11-2009 17:18
wuauclt.exe help cdglab microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 4 02-17-2008 20:09
0x800706BE sp2 installation error dwcox2020@booger.com microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 02-16-2008 00:07
RE: Error Code: 0x800706BE when Security Update for Window XP (KB9 Hopper microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 11-24-2007 05:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:00.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120