Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Update Error Code: 80242014

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
Jibin
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
OS:
Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition 32-bit with Terminal Service

Symptom:
After run Windows Update, keep getting prompted to restart. "Windows can't
update important files and services while the system is using them." I
restart the computer many times, it still prompt to restart.

On update histry list:
9 updates are pending with error code 80242014.
(From botton to top: KB950582, KB955020, KB953838, KB948590, KB950947,
KB952287, KB951066, KB953733, KB950762)

Somebody help, please.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
Jibin,

Temporarily disable the installed antivirus/security suite and see if
doing that allows the updates to install.
80242014 indicates that the system needs to be restarted to allow the
files in use to be updated. There is a strong possibility that 3rd party
software is interfering with the files being updated.

If no joy, then contact MS for no-charge support. Mention the security
updates that will not install, KB950582 and KB953838 being 2 of them:

" How to obtain help and support for this security update
For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552 "


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Jibin wrote:

> OS:
> Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition 32-bit with Terminal Service
>
> Symptom:
> After run Windows Update, keep getting prompted to restart. "Windows can't
> update important files and services while the system is using them." I
> restart the computer many times, it still prompt to restart.
>
> On update histry list:
> 9 updates are pending with error code 80242014.
> (From botton to top: KB950582, KB955020, KB953838, KB948590, KB950947,
> KB952287, KB951066, KB953733, KB950762)
>
> Somebody help, please.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Jibin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
MowGreen,

We don't have any antivirus/security suit installed yet. But Terminal
Service RemoteApp is configured. Does this make any difference?

Jibin

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Jibin,
>
> Temporarily disable the installed antivirus/security suite and see if
> doing that allows the updates to install.
> 80242014 indicates that the system needs to be restarted to allow the
> files in use to be updated. There is a strong possibility that 3rd party
> software is interfering with the files being updated.
>
> If no joy, then contact MS for no-charge support. Mention the security
> updates that will not install, KB950582 and KB953838 being 2 of them:
>
> " How to obtain help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
> Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
> Microsoft International Support Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
> North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
> no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
> visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552 "
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
Jibin,

" Terminal Service RemoteApp " as in 3rd party software or the Terminal
Services service ? If it's the former, Disable it to see if the updates
can finish installing after rebooting with "Terminal Service RemoteApp"
not loading.

Is there a 3rd party firewall installed ?

Otherwise, contact MS for no-charge support.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Jibin wrote:

> MowGreen,
>
> We don't have any antivirus/security suit installed yet. But Terminal
> Service RemoteApp is configured. Does this make any difference?
>
> Jibin
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>
>>Jibin,
>>
>>Temporarily disable the installed antivirus/security suite and see if
>>doing that allows the updates to install.
>>80242014 indicates that the system needs to be restarted to allow the
>>files in use to be updated. There is a strong possibility that 3rd party
>>software is interfering with the files being updated.
>>
>>If no joy, then contact MS for no-charge support. Mention the security
>>updates that will not install, KB950582 and KB953838 being 2 of them:
>>
>>" How to obtain help and support for this security update
>>For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
>>Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
>>Microsoft International Support Web site:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
>>North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
>>no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
>>visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552 "
>>
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009
SeniorMoment
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
The link http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552 "
got me a chat with Jem in PC Safety who had to refer the problem with this
error to the Windows Setup Group. I would think a more specific link would
be better.

"Jibin" wrote:

> OS:
> Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition 32-bit with Terminal Service
>
> Symptom:
> After run Windows Update, keep getting prompted to restart. "Windows can't
> update important files and services while the system is using them." I
> restart the computer many times, it still prompt to restart.
>
> On update histry list:
> 9 updates are pending with error code 80242014.
> (From botton to top: KB950582, KB955020, KB953838, KB948590, KB950947,
> KB952287, KB951066, KB953733, KB950762)
>
> Somebody help, please.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80242014
Who are you and what did you do with "Jibin"?

To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


SeniorMoment wrote:
> The link http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552 "
> got me a chat with Jem in PC Safety who had to refer the problem with this
> error to the Windows Setup Group. I would think a more specific link
> would
> be better.
>
> "Jibin" wrote:
>
>> OS:
>> Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition 32-bit with Terminal Service
>>
>> Symptom:
>> After run Windows Update, keep getting prompted to restart. "Windows
>> can't
>> update important files and services while the system is using them." I
>> restart the computer many times, it still prompt to restart.
>>
>> On update histry list:
>> 9 updates are pending with error code 80242014.
>> (From botton to top: KB950582, KB955020, KB953838, KB948590, KB950947,
>> KB952287, KB951066, KB953733, KB950762)
>>
>> Somebody help, please.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update Error Code 80070422 and Error code 1058 CloudJames microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 01-10-2009 07:14
Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014 LWY microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 09-27-2008 18:19
Windows Update Error Code 5 RENEE microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 04-17-2008 18:55
Update KB942763 error code 80242014 colin chadfield microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2008 13:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:04.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120