> Todays release contains a security update KB954156
> This fails to install due to the fact the file size is 0kb so
> definitely an error on microsofts part in pointing to the
> correct file to download!
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)
> when posting to this newsgroup, please.
> Are you attempting to install this update manually or via Windows
> Same issue - I'm running WinXP SP3. The update downloads but fails
> to install; error code is 0x8007F0F4
The 0kb does not point to a problem - it points to accurately telling you
that the file is already downloaded and all that is needed to install it.
The problem is on your machine.
As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If it fails, try method 2 and try to update*.
*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way